Healthy Pizza Dough. This master healthy whole-grain pizza dough recipe, which can be made in a food processor, is a breeze to roll. Using bread flour gives the pizza crust a crisp and sturdy structure, but all-purpose flour works well in its place. This homemade, yeasted whole-wheat pizza dough requires only one rising, not two, so.
Use a food processor, stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or your hands to mix the dough. If you're a huge fan of sweet potato pie and baked casseroles, you're going to love this pizza crust recipe from The Kitchen. The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. You can cook Healthy Pizza Dough using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Pizza Dough
- You need 1 cup of warm milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole-wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 Tbs of olive oil.
This is the easiest, best pizza dough recipe. If you're uncomfortable working with yeast or making your own pizza. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients.
Healthy Pizza Dough instructions
- Mix the sugar, milk and yeast together..
- Set aside for 10 minutes..
- Mix flour and salt together, add olive oil and mix them by hand..
- Add the yeast mixture with flour mixture after setting aside for 10 minutes..
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes..
- Transfer to a bowl that is greased with olive oil, cover and let rest for 1 hour at least..
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Place dough in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Looking for a simple homemade pizza dough recipe to give your base added authenticity? See our versatile options, including gluten-free pizza dough and a base that requires no yeast. Give Friday pizza night a healthy makeover with our recipe for whole wheat dough, simply-seasoned sauce, and loads of fresh toppings you can customize for your picky eaters.