Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco. Great recipe for Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco. Some of my best friends are Chefs. With that, most weekends or holidays we get together and challenge each other to come up with dishes that we literally pull from hats.
See great recipes for Tosti Loco, Pepino Loco, Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco too! With that, most weekends or holidays we get together and challenge each other to come up with dishes that we literally pull from hats. See great recipes for Ono Moco Loco. You can have Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco
- It’s of Loco Moco.
- Prepare 1 box of Black Angus Seasoned Beef Patties.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Powder – Onion Powder – Salt – Pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of 16 oz Long Grain Enriched White Rice.
- It’s 2 large of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 2 packages of 0.87 oz McCormick Brown Gravy Mix + Water.
- Prepare of Frying Oil.
- You need of Options.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Onions [added to your rice pot].
Gorda's Stylo, Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco too! Loco moco is a Hawaiian dish prepared with white rice, ground beef steak and fried egg, all topped with gravy. This is an inexpensive dish, easy and quick to make and containing only ingredients that are almost always available at home which makes this dish extremely popular. Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper The Koko Moco is then topped with mushroom gravy, a sunny side-up egg, and tempura kimchi, the meal is a tasty variation of the customary loco moco.
Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco step by step
- Here's all you'll need!.
- Regardless of the amount of rice you'll be needing – run cold water over your uncooked rice in a tight mesh strainer until water runs clear. Or, place in your pot and rinse until water runs clear. Allow rice to fully drain..
- In a pot with a tight fitting lid and thick bottom – bring 2 cups water, 1 cup rice and 1 teaspoon oil or butter to a hard boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer rice for 15 minutes or until water dissipates. Don't peek and lift your lid! Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes covered. ° Authors Note: This is a minimal amount of rice and will usually make about 3 cups cooked rice. If you'll be needing more rice – double this or just follow manufactures directions. I'll also add a tablespoon dried onions in the rice pot if I have them on hand..
- Season your beef patties with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder as you wish on both sides..
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan with lid. Cook patties until done. Pierce the center. If you see any pink or red juices – fry longer but don't over cook..
- Drain your patties on a clean paper towel..
- In a clean frying pan – add fresh oil and fry eggs over easy to sunny side up with salt and pepper. You'll want your yolks runny to be authentic. Dab oil from fried eggs..
- Mix your 2 McCormick Brown Gravy packets with 2 cups water [or, slightly less water if you want a thicker gravy] in a small pot while frying your eggs. Stir gravy constantly, bring to a boil and remove gravy from heat. You'll want to make your gravy last as a thick skin will form on the top of it rather quickly..
- Pack your rice tightly in a ramekin with a spoon and gently flip over to release from the bowl. Or, you can simply pile rice on a plate un-molded. It's your choice. Pour gravy over the top of your rice, place patty on top of rice, cover with gravy and place egg on top. Garnish as you desire! ° Garnishes pictured are dried chives and two types of fresh parsley. Serve with extra warm brown gravy on the side. Enjoy!.
Yogur Story Save Venue With No Dish What I love about ramen, aside from the fact that it's crazy good, is that it is crazy creative. Traditional Japanese cuisine is refined and, in a way, very restrictive. Food somewhat took a bit longer than normal to be served. I guess you can't rush good food. I ordered the Big Ragu which was an Italian version of Loco Moco (and it was printed like that on their menu too — Italian Loco Moco).