Mike's EZ Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw. This Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw is a spectacular twist on our classic Southern cole slaw. It goes particularly well with Southwestern or Mexican dishes and makes the perfect topping for pulled pork…anything! Vegetable oil, for the grill The Mexican Slaw is made with shredded cabbage but what I love about his recipe is how you can add all sorts of other crunchy veggies to the mix-like grated radishes ( yummy!) jicama, kohlrabi or carrots (so pretty!).
And when I say homemade sauce, I mean cilantro lime ranch, which I am in love with. It's creamy, made with plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream), has plenty of fresh cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of both onion and garlic powder. Guys, I've got the yummiest fish taco recipe comin' your way tomorrow. You can have Mike's EZ Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw
- Prepare of ● For The Cilantro Lime Slaw [all thin sliced with madoline].
- You need 4 Cups of White Cabbage [mix red if you'd like].
- You need 1 Cup of Cilantro Leaves [+ reserves for service & garish].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Radishes.
- It’s 1 of LG Jalapeno Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Red Onions.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Green Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Vidalia Onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Fresh Limes [juiced – reserve half for sides & garnish].
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s of ● For The Options [as needed – rough chopped].
- You need of Gordens Baked Crusted Tilapia Filets.
- It’s of Firm Tomatoes.
- You need of Crisp Lettuce.
- You need of Guacamole.
- You need Leaves of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Jalapenos.
- It’s of Green Onions.
- It’s of Radishes.
- It’s of Lime Wedges.
- You need of Red Or Green Salsas.
- You need of Prefabed Crusted Or Fresh Blackened Tilapia.
- You need 1 Pound of 80/20 Hamburger.
- You need of Taco Shells Or Flour Tortillas.
- You need 1 Packet of McCormick Taco Seasoning.
Lime Zest and Juice: Fresh limes make all the difference! How To Make Creamy Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw. Make The Slaw Dressing: Make the creamy coleslaw dressing by mixing sour cream, mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lime juice and the zest of a lime. Season it with salt and pepper to your taste.
Mike's EZ Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw instructions
- Thin slice and season your cabbage mixture..
- Prepare your sides..
- Mix your cabbage with your lime and seasonings and chill..
- Both fish and regular full accoutrements pictured..
- Prefabed guacamole pictured..
- Bake your tilapia as per manufactures directions. Usually at 425° for 20 minutes. Slice them in half..
- Place hot crispy fish in a warm flour tortilla..
- Pile on the vegetables, sour cream and guacamole. Add salsas. Enjoy!.
Many coleslaw recipes require melding in the fridge for an hour or so, but this Mexican coleslaw is perfect right away. A unique feature of this recipe is that it has both cumin seed and ground cumin: to really bring out that cumin-y flavor! It's very easy to make: the hardest part is the knife skills to chop up all the veggies. Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw This Cilantro-Lime Slaw is the perfect example of a simple and enjoyable real food recipe. Put the jícama in a large bowl and toss in the scallions and cilantro.