Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!. Heat large cast iron skillet on medium-high. A patty melt is basically a better version of the humble burger. Ground beed gets shaped into more of a oblong rectangle to fit.
We're making the ultimate patty melt with Chris Kronner of KronnerBurger and author of the cookbook A Burger to Believe In. Chris shows us two techniques to prep the beef, first by using a grinder. Does the perfect patty melt exist? You can have Mike's Perfect Patty Melts! using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!
- It’s of ● Meat Mixture.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of 80/20 Quality Ground Beef.
- Prepare 3 Dashes of Worchestershie Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper [+ reserves].
- You need 1 Box of Liptons Onion Soup Mix [use both packages].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Green Onions.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- You need of ● Additions.
- You need 8 Slices of Swiss Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Viadalia White Onion.
- Prepare 1 Cube of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Purple Onion.
- You need of as needed Yellow Mustard.
- It’s of ● For The Bread.
- It’s 1 Loaf of Quality Russian Rye Bread.
Take a big bite out of this Whataburger inspired patty melt full of all of your favorites! Indulge in juicy and savory beef patties topped with. To make a patty melt, start by caramelizing some onions on the stovetop. Then, while those are cooking, mix ground beef, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, and shape the meat into a rectangular patty.
Mike's Perfect Patty Melts! instructions
- Mix everything in your Meat Mixture section together well..
- Using a Mandolin – thick slice your onions. Onions really are the secret in this dish!.
- Fry your onions in a cube of salted butter and add a good dash of black pepper..
- Fry until onions are translucent. Drain on paper towels..
- Mold your patties larger than your widest pieces of Rye Bread slices. They will shrink slightly upon cooking..
- Using the same onion pan – fry your burgers to taste or preference..
- Use a quality deli style Swiss Cheese..
- Add 4 pieces of Swiss cheese to each patty and steam burgers [covered] for 1 minute..
- Use a fresh quality rye bread. Lightly toast your Rye slices..
- Plate up and serve hot with Onion Rings and ice cold beers in frosted glasses..
- Onion rings..
- Prepare to be freggin' worshiped! Enjoy!.
Cook the patties on both sides until totally done in the middle. The patty portion of a patty melt should be made with ground chuck, the ideal hamburger beef because it's got just enough fat to make sure things stay moist while the beef caramelizes in its own. In this arena, triple deckers, four-cheese burgers, and other memes, elbow. It was my first time trying a New York style sandwich joint and it did not disappoint. I… The perfect patty melt is comprised of four simple ingredients: a ground beef patty, mild grilled onions, Swiss cheese, and grilled rye bread.