Perfect Pizza Dough. It will be the best and only pizza dough recipe you ever need! Using the paddle attachment, start the mixer on low and mix until the dough just comes together, forming a ball. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
In a large bowl, combine bread flour, olive oil, salt, sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. The basic, perfect pizza dough is no longer an elusive mystery. And I have another secret to share with you, it can be ready in minutes rather than the hours many recipes take. You can cook Perfect Pizza Dough using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perfect Pizza Dough
- You need 3 cups of unbleached bread flour.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- Prepare of extra flour for kneading.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mustard powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (red, white or black).
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s 2.5 tablespoons of active dry yeast.
And that's a good thing when we decide late in the day we want to enjoy a few movies on the porch. Your search for the best Pizza dough recipe stops here! This easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe is EVERYONE's favorite – just read the reviews! It creates soft, FLAVORFUL pizza crust every time perfect for whatever type of pizza you're making – and it's easier than you think!
Perfect Pizza Dough step by step
- In a large bowl mix together both bread flours, my active dry yeast, mustard powder, garlic powder, sugar, and ground pepper..
- Add water and mix until the dough starts to stick to itself and there is no dry flour left in the bowl. Cover and let sit for 8 to 12 hours..
- Uncover the dough and mix in one to two tablespoons of olive oil and mix until it has fully combined with the dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for 30 mins..
- After the dough has proofed for a bit, slice it into 3 to 4 (if you want thin crust) equal sized pieces. Kneed dough on well floured surface, adding additional flour as you go until each dough ball becomes self contained and is not as sticky as it was before..
- Place dough balls in ziploc bags making sure to get as much air in as possible so the dough can rise some more. Store in fridge (or freezer to use weeks later), before use let dough get to room temp by letting the dough in the bag sit on the counter for 30 mins to an hour before cooking..
I've included step by step photos of how to make pizza dough including how to make ahead and how to freeze. Pour warm water into the bowl of the stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Mix with a fork until the yeast is dissolved and foamy. Attach the Dough Hook to the stand mixer.