Pizza Braid. Somewhere between a stromboli and a calzone, this braid is the latest way to get your pizza fix. The flavor-packed dough envelops a hot, cheesy, saucy filling, which can be enhanced with any of your favorite pre-cooked pizza toppings. Get Pizza Braid Recipe from Food Network.
Grab a can of refrigerated pizza dough and let me show you how easily and quickly this recipe comes together. When pizza night needs a refresh, we've got the answer. This gooey cheese-filled pepperoni pizza braid is the perfect solution to dinnertime boredom, game day celebrations and party invites. You can have Pizza Braid using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Braid
- Prepare 1 of tube refrigerated pizza crust dough, any type or brand.
- Prepare 1 jar of pizza sauce, any kind.
- You need 1 bag of sliced pepperoni.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Topping:.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of melted butter.
- Prepare dash of garlic powder.
- You need dash of Italian seasoning.
Wrap braid taking one slice over to the other until the entire dough is braided. Spray the top of the pizza with cooking spray olive or use a brush and brush on some oil. Bake until dough is cooked through. A pizza braid is very kid-friendly, easy on the wallet and extremely simple to make.
Pizza Braid step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread pizza crust out on baking sheet. Top with generous amount of pizza sauce followed by pepperonis in a single layer and then cheese. (I doubled recipe)..
- Using kitchen scissors cut strips along both sides of pizza dough..
- Fold strips together over top of pizza and gently push together..
- Combine melted butter and seasonings and brush generously over top..
- Baked 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown..
- Cut into single serve strips with pizza cutter and serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Enjoy!.
My aunt and cousin first introduced me to them and I've been hooked ever since. The possibilities are endless of the varieties you could make (check out the Apple Dessert Braid !), but the recipe below is for a very basic hamburger and pepperoni braid. Crescent Roll Pizza Braid a fun way to eat pizza by using a can of premade crescent rolls and filling them with your favorite toppings. These crescent roll pizza braids are fun and easy to make. In fact, it is a recipe that you can get your kids involved with.