Pizza Casserole (low carb). This is an adaptation of several recipes I found in some old church cookbooks. Most called for pasta, this one does not and is not missed according to my high carb eating husband. Look for pizza sauce that has no added sugars and one that is lowest in carb counts.
Either way, low carb casseroles are among the most common dishes I make for dinner. Making a meal is so much faster and easier when you only have to make one thing! Low carb pizza casserole is one of my favorites. You can have Pizza Casserole (low carb) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Casserole (low carb)
- You need 1 of large cauliflower head broke up into florets.
- It’s 2 tbls of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce.
- You need 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 oz of pepperoni slices.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
If you're looking for other options, try chicken cordon bleu casserole, chicken bacon ranch casserole or pesto chicken casserole. Try a Philly-inspired low carb pizza casserole by topping it with peppers, mushrooms, a few onions, and some shaved steak. Or sausage and peppers for a Bronx-inspired flavor. You can also change up the sauce and turn this basic recipe into a gourmet keto low carb white pizza topped with spinach, bacon, blue cheese, and sliced tomatoes.
Pizza Casserole (low carb) step by step
- Preheat oven to 425..
- Combine olive oil and cauliflower in 9×13 pan and roast for 25 minutes..
- Spread marinara over cauliflower. Top with cheese, Italian seasoning and pepperoni..
- Bake for 10 minutes..
Low carb pizza casserole is here to save the day! It's keto-friendly and loaded with veggies. Kids love the cheesy pepperoni pizza flavor, and moms love that it's healthy! You'd never know it's one of those low carb casseroles. This is a favorite at our house, we make it often and switch up the toppings.