Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls. Pizza dough gets crispier on the edges than traditional cinnamon roll dough so when in doubt, underbake the rolls to guarantee they remain soft. Unlike cinnamon rolls made with traditional dough, these rolls are denser in consistency and chewier in taste as a result of the pizza dough. Pizza dough makes the perfect cinnamon roll dough!
It might seem crazy but it totally works! You'll get even, perfectly sliced rolls every time. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water to combine. You can have Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of left over pizza dough.
- It’s 1/4 cup of or more unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare as needed of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons/as needed of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of For the glaze:.
- You need 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of milk or water.
Brush the egg wash onto the rolls, then transfer the baking dish to the oven. So, first stop, pizza dough cinnamon rolls. It's a well-worn road by the looks of Google, so I went with Kristen's recipe over at Batter Licker as a starting point. With a shortcut, these pizza dough cinnamon rolls don't have the tenderness or the ooey-gooey of a traditional, from scratch cinnamon roll, but they're a notch above the.
Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees centigrade. Grease a round baking pan (8-inch or 9-inch round pan). On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough into a ¼ inch thick rectangle. Spread softened butter evenly over the rolled dough up to the edges..
- Sprinkle all over with sugar and cinnamon powder generously..
- Starting with the long side of the rectangle (the one closest to you), gently roll the dough to form a tight log..
- When it is fully rolled into a log shape, with a sharp knife, slice into 1 to 1 ½ inches even pieces. Gently place all the rolls, cut side up into the prepared pan, leaving some space for them to rise and expand, for about 30 minutes..
- Transfer the baking pan into the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the rolls are fully baked and turn light golden brown. Meanwhile, while the rolls are baking, prepare the icing. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of icing sugar with a little milk or water (I used 2 teaspoons) with a spoon or whisk to a smooth mixture. Keep aside. Once the baked cinnamon rolls are out of the oven, cool for a few minutes..
- Gently, drizzle, pour or spoon the prepared icing over the baked rolls to coat them evenly..
- Serve decadent, warm, divine cinnamon rolls immediately..
- Leftover rolls can be stored on the counter for a day or two or even refrigerated. Remove and bring to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!!!.
Transfer the cinnamon rolls to the prepared pan, leaving space between them for the dough to expand. BAKE THE ROLLS: In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water to combine. Brush the egg wash onto the rolls, then transfer the baking dish to the oven. See post notes above for what types of pizza dough will work. To make the cinnamon rolls: Roll out dough on a floured surface (any flour works, even coconut flour).