PIZZA ON THE GRILL. Discover Deals on the Pizza You Deserve with Papa Johns®. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! With this recipe, you'll make the garlic and basil pizza dough from scratch, and learn the tricks of grilling a perfect pizza that features tomatoes, olives, roasted red pepper, and basil.
Carefully slide pizza dough onto the grill. Using tongs, lift dough and check to see if lightly brown. Using tongs and a sheet pan, flip the pizza dough, so it's grilled-side up. You can have PIZZA ON THE GRILL using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of PIZZA ON THE GRILL
- You need 1 of Freshly prepared or frozen pizza, I prefer thin crust.
- It’s 1 of Pizza Stone.
Brush pizza crust with olive oil and spread on pizza sauce. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spread over the crust. Sprinkle with green pepper and cheese. You will be placing the pizza directly over the heat.
PIZZA ON THE GRILL step by step
- Light coals on charcoal grill,.
- Prepare pizza from scratch or use thin crust frozen pizza, thaw pizza let sit at room temp until no longer frozen..
- Light spray edges of stone with Pam cooking spray to prevent cheese sticking as it melts.
- When coals are white place pizza centered on stone and place stone on grill.
- Cook covered checking every 4-5 min. Remove when cheese is bubbling and edges golden brown.
Next to the grill, sSet up a bowl of olive oil, some paper towels and tongs or a grill brush, next to your grill. Lightly dust a baker's peel or a rimless baking sheet with flour, cornmeal or semolina. Here are some simple tips for grilling a pizza while entertaining. We have a few more recipes from the book here for you to check out. This is pizza made on a gas grill.