Plump Japanese-style Hamburger Steaks with Grated Daikon Radish. Great recipe for Plump Japanese-style Hamburger Steaks with Grated Daikon Radish. This is my family's recipe for Japanese-style hamburger steaks. Stick a toothpick through the hamburger patty- it's done if the juices run clear.
One of my favorite ways to eat Hamburger Steak is with Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish.) Daikon Oroshi is often used as a condiment and is especially great with rather oily food, such as Tempura and grilled mackerel fish. It has such a refreshing flavor and texture that compliments fatty meat or fish. Its sauce can be different, too. You can cook Plump Japanese-style Hamburger Steaks with Grated Daikon Radish using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plump Japanese-style Hamburger Steaks with Grated Daikon Radish
- It’s 400 grams of Ground meat.
- You need 1/2 of Finely chopped onions (minced).
- It’s 1 of 〇 Eggs.
- It’s 1 of 〇 Coarsely ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of 〇 Salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of 〇 Nutmeg.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of 〇 Panko.
- You need 2 tbsp of 〇 Milk.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 100 ml of Water.
- It’s 50 ml of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 cm of from a tube Grated ginger.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko slurry (1:2 start to water ratio).
- It’s 1 of Shiso leaves green onions.
- Prepare 1 of Grated daikon radish.
I like a steak with Japanese sauce, grated daikon raddish, soy sauce and vinegar. That can be in another video in some other time. This hamburger patties freeze well, so make the whole recipe and save some for another tasty dinner. The original one is the "hamburger steak (hambagu)" with the demi-glace like sauce.
Plump Japanese-style Hamburger Steaks with Grated Daikon Radish step by step
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat, finely chopped onions, 〇 ingredients, and knead together. Knead until completely incorporated..
- In a small saucepan, boil the ingredients for the sauce. Thicken with the water-dissolved katakuriko..
- Shape the meat mixture into 4 portions, and pat out the air pockets with the palm of your hands. Line on a heated pan with oil and cook over high heat to brown both sides..
- Reduce to low heat and cover with a lid to steam cook. Cook all the way through. Stick a toothpick through, and it's done if the juices run clear..
- Arrange on a plate, top with grated daikon radish, shiso leaves, and green onions and pour the sauce over..
Then there is a Japanese-style hambagu which has the Japanese flavor sauce. Depends on the restaurant or home cook, wafu hambagu can be with ponzu or soy sauce base. Usually, it's served with grated daikon with the sauce. 🙂 Served with a red wine reduction sauce, this homemade Japanese hamburger steak (Hambagu) is incredibly juicy and melts in your mouth! I still remember vividly how my mom and I spent many evenings making Japanese Hamburger Steak or Hambagu (ハンバーグ). In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.