Quinoa pizza muffins. Quinoa Pizza Muffins Switch up pizza night with these scrumptious quinoa pizza muffins. These protein-packed morsels, perfect for little hands to grab, are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, prosciutto, green olives, and marinara sauce…and taste just like pizza! These savory Quinoa Pizza Muffins make a delicious lunch or great afterschool snack!
Just make sure you keep the total amount of fillings about the same. This muffin is packed with pizza taste and ingredients while still managing to incorporate the health benefits of quinoa. Quinoa is high in protein, has twice the amount of fiber as most other grains, and has many different beneficial vitamins in it, like iron, lysine, and riboflavin. You can have Quinoa pizza muffins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa pizza muffins
- Prepare of quinoa.
- You need of plain flour.
- It’s of self raising flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of pesto.
- Prepare of medium onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare of mozzarella cheese (grated).
- You need of pizza toppings of your choice, cooked and finely chopped (eg. salami, spinach, olives etc).
- You need of vegetable oil.
These Chocolate Chip Quinoa Muffins are healthy, moist muffins filled with quinoa plus with the added yumminess of little chocolate chips nestled inside. I've mentioned before that I'm the baby of the family. Watch Now; Beat quinoa, eggs, feta cheese, mushrooms, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Spoon into prepared muffin cups to about halfway full.
Quinoa pizza muffins step by step
- Pre heat oven to 356°F.
- Grease muffin tin with oil.
- Cook quinoa per directions on packet.
- Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl and add all ingredients one by one to ensure they mix well.
- Place mixture evenly among the muffin tray, ensuring not to fill too high as they will rise a small amount..
- Cook in oven for aprx 30-40mins depending on the depth of your tray. Muffins should look golden and crispy when done..
- Set and let cool. Then enjoy! (Tastes great with a savory dip as icing).
We all love pizza, and now you can enjoy healthy low-fat pizza with these tasty quinoa pizza muffins! We love this recipe because you can make it ahead of time and have meals for later in the week ready to go! These delicious quinoa pizza muffins make an excellent healthy snack, or serve on a bed of fresh greens for a tasty Italian meal. In medium bowl, combine quinoa, flours, baking powder, salt and chia seeds. In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, egg, yogurt, honey and vanilla extract.