Revidokeftedes (Chickpea Burgers). Great recipe for Revidokeftedes (Chickpea Burgers). Hope you are all doing well…. I am a bit late posting this week, because I decided to paint the house by myself.
I prefer to form them into burger patties and serve them with tzatziki and a salad. Revithokeftedes (Greek chickpea fritters) is a very healthy and delicious appetizer from Sifnos island. Serve with some yogurt sauce as a great starter! You can have Revidokeftedes (Chickpea Burgers) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Revidokeftedes (Chickpea Burgers)
- You need 500 grams of Chickpeas boiled.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parsley.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Dill.
- You need 1/2 cup of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking Power.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Frying Oil.
Revithokeftedes is the Greek word for chickpea meatballs. That's what it literally translates to. I prefer to form them into burger patties and serve them with tzatziki and a salad. Revithokeftedes (pr. reh-vee-thaw-kae-FTEH-thes) aka chickpea Patties is a delicious, healthy, Greek, vegan meal.
Revidokeftedes (Chickpea Burgers) instructions
- Blend all the ingredients together, except for the baking powder, and flour..
- Until its one big mass.
- In a small bowl mix together the baking power, flour and add into the mix..
- Fry burgers on medium to high heat. Add in the Chickpea burgers one at a time. Ready when color is golden brown. The mixture makes about 7 burgers. You can also bake the burgers instead of frying if your prefer. They taste delicious either way.
Before going to the recipe, let me tell you about our cat, Lisa. I do not remember ever mentioning our pet. We have a Siamese cat named Lisa and she is ten years old. Greek chickpea soup is one of the most popular Greek wintery dishes while being highly nutritious full of fiber and a unique supply of antioxidants. Revithokeftedes are perfect with a side of horiatiko chopped salad or wrapped up in pita bread with tahini lemon sauce and sliced tomatoes – chickpea fritters are a winner every time!