Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon. I love making a burger, and I'm particularly partial to a southern style chicken one. Here I've mixed things up a bit and used waffles instead of a bun. This also has an amazing combination of sweet and savoury.
RBC Signature Southern Fried Chicken dunked in Frank's Buffalo with House Slaw, Deep-fried Onion Strings, Pickles and Ranch.. Kids Chicken Burger Meal Crumbed Chicken, Cheese & Sauce Burger, Small Side of Fries, Pop Top Juice.. Egg, Waffle Fries, Mozzarella Cheese, Hashbrown, Your Choice of Sauce. You can have Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- Prepare 2 of waffles, (homemade or store bought),.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast,.
- It’s 2 of medium eggs, 1 beaten,.
- You need 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Crispy onions, (you can buy them in most supermarkets),.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of maple syrup,.
- Prepare 2 rashers of streaky smoked bacon,.
- You need 1 of reduced fat burger cheese slice,.
- Prepare 1 handful of rocket leaves,.
- It’s of For the chicken seasoning:.
- You need 2 tbsp of white plain flour,.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of white pepper,.
- Prepare of Grind of black pepper,.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of oregano,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme,.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried basil,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika,.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare of Small pinch dried powdered ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of celery salt.
Then blend the sour cream, milk, butter, and egg yolks. Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks form and fold gently into the batter. The Chicken and Waffle Sandwich never quite took off; according to one customer located in Pennsylvania who spoke to CNN after trying the test item, the waffles and Burger King's regular chicken.
Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon step by step
- In a bowl mix together all of the chicken seasoning ingredients. Take the chicken breast and place on a chopping board and cover with a layer of cling film then using a rolling pin flatten the fatter end down a bit so it cooks evenly once in the oven..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add a splash of cooking oil. Once warmed dredge the chicken in the beaten egg then the seasoning and add it to the frying pan. Cook for a couple of minutes each side until golden then remove and add to a baking rack over a foil lined tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Heat through the waffles until crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside and set aside. Take the cheese slice and place it over the chicken in the oven so it melts during the final few minutes of cooking..
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil. and add the bacon slices and the egg. Turn the bacon every couple of minutes until crisp on the edges and fry the egg sunny side up until the white is cooked and yolk still runny. Remove the bacon and place on kitchen roll to soak up excess grease. Drizzle the bacon with half the maple syrup..
- Remove the chicken from the oven once cooked through (after around 25-30mins of cooking). Set aside..
- Now it's time to construct the burger. First place the first waffle down and add a tiny drizzle of maple syrup and then pile on the rocket leaves. Next add the burger topped with melted cheese. Next add the BBQ sauce and then the fried egg. Sprinkle over the crispy onions and lastly add the second waffle on top..
- Dig in and enjoy! :).
Use your Uber account to order a delivery from Thuggs Fried Chicken and Waffles in Perth. Browse the menu, view popular items and track your order. When autocomplete results are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. it's sweet, it's fun, it's got waffles for buns. try the new Maple Waffle Sandwich, now at burger king. For the fried chicken, put the chicken in a bowl or shallow dish and pour over the buttermilk and Worcestershire sauce. Toss the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, cover with cling film.