Stuffed Jalapeños. Baked Jalapeño Poppers – Mixing it Up. The other good reason why stuffed jalapeños are filled with cheese is they taste good that way! Hank and I decided to experiment with stuffed jalapeños this week.
I asked him what he intended to do with them, and he shared this recipe for stuffed jalapenos with me right there in the store! Scrape out all of the seeds and veins and discard. (This is the HOT part of the pepper). Searching for that perfect, crowd-pleasing appetizer for you next get-together? You can cook Stuffed Jalapeños using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Jalapeños
- You need 15 of Large Jalepeños.
- You need of Stuffing:.
- You need 1 packages of Cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese, or Monterey Jack.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced fresh Parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic salt.
- It’s of TIP: I recommend Lawry's Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Optional: Add 1 cup meat of your choice. Hamburger, sausage or small cubed cooked chicken is best!.
Look no further than these stuffed jalapeño poppers. The rich and creamy combination of bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar nicely contrasts the muted spice of grilled jalapeño peppers. This grilled appetizer recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular breaded and fried version. The guests all brought party snacks and a few even brought Cookie and Kate recipes, which was a fun surprise.
Stuffed Jalapeños instructions
- TIP: I recommend wearing food prep gloves for this..
- Cut the stem off each Jalepeño leaving the end part still, then cut in half lengthwise..
- Using a small paring knife cut the seeds and insides out of the Jalepeño. Be sure to leave the top part so the stuffing does not run out. As shown.
- In a mixing bowl combine all stuffing ingredients and mix together well..
- Spoon the stuffing into each Jalepeño till just over the rim..
- Place Jalepeños on baking sheet or pan and bake at 375° for about 20 min or till stuffing is melty and Jalepeños are soft..
- Place oven on broil and broil for the last few minutes or till cheese gets browned a bit and bubbly.
Someone brought jalapeño poppers wrapped in bacon, and I eyed them enviously. Being a vegetarian and a former. Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated. If you like foods that pack a bit of a punch, you'll love these jalapeno poppers filled with sausage and cheese.