Tender Hamburger Steaks with Silken Tofu. Great recipe for Tender Hamburger Steaks with Silken Tofu. I usually make this with firm tofu, but I tried making it with silken tofu and it was delicious! The onion is not sautéed, so this is very easy to make!
Authentic Szechuan style mapo tofu is one of the branding dishes of Szechuan cuisine. It is spicy, numbing, hot, aromatic and tender. Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. You can cook Tender Hamburger Steaks with Silken Tofu using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tender Hamburger Steaks with Silken Tofu
- It’s 200 grams of Mixed ground beef and pork.
- It’s 200 grams of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- You need of For the sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Butter.
Chen Mapo Tofu is a recommended authentic restaurant in Chengdu, China, famous for Kung Pao Chicken, Mapo doufu, Twice Cooked Pork, Dan Dan Noodles , Chongqing Chicken, Zhangcha Duck There are many types of tofu product on market from soft tofu to firm tofu, from tofu skin to dried tofu etc. Surely, the cooking methods actually depend on the texture of the ingredients. For marinating, soft tofu is more fitful than firm tofu and for stir-frying and deep frying, firm tofu is better than soft tofu. To cook tofu "ground beef," you will need three main ingredients: firm tofu, oil and spices.
Tender Hamburger Steaks with Silken Tofu step by step
- Wrap the silken tofu in paper towels and put on a sieve. Weight it down and leave to drain for half a day. Finely chop the onion..
- Combine the drained tofu, ground meat, egg, katakuriko, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and mix together well until smooth..
- Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour..
- Form the mixture into patties. It's very soft so do this just before you'll cook them..
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the hamburgers. Brown well (so that the juices are trapped inside). Flip over and brown the other side..
- When both sides are browned, flip them over again, cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low. Steam-cook the hamburgers (5 to 10 minutes). If the juices run clear when you press down on them, they are done..
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small pan and simmer..
- Transfer to serving plates, pour the sauce over it, and serve..
You could prepare this dish with either frozen or raw tofu. However, according to the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine , freezing tofu changes its texture to a more meat-like consistency. This is how to tenderise beef with a Chinese restaurant method called "velveting beef". Also used for chicken, it's a simple, highly effective technique using baking soda that transforms economical beef so it's incredibly tender in stir fries and stir fried noodles. It's a quick and easy method that any home cook can do, any night of the week. ④ Cook as desired, then bite into a seriously tender piece of meat.