Tofu Hamburger. Onion, celery and cheese make these burgers delicious. This is a family favorite at the Silverwolfs' den. Serve in place of meat as a main entree or place on a bun along with your favorite toppings: lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, etc.
Ponzu Sauce and grated Daikon radish is a popular sauce, too. Ranging from silken and creamy to firm and chewy, tofu comes in many forms and is prized around the world for its versatility. In this recipe, which is adapted from the "Superiority Burger Cookbook" (W. You can cook Tofu Hamburger using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Hamburger
- You need 1 of Tofu (Soft or Medium or Firm) (about 300-400g).
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare of Vegetables like carrot, spinach, broccoli, califlowers. Anything is OK.
- Prepare 1 cup of Bread crumb.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
In my opinion this form of tofu really shines in recipes such as a pasta sauce or maybe even a thick stew or soup, like chili. I tried it over pasta with a traditional marinara sauce and it worked exceptionally well. The mouth-feel of the tofu was close to ground beef and the dish had lots of flavor. These easy and healthy tofu based veggie burgers receive an added nutritional boost from wheat germ, and plenty of flavor from the green onion, garlic powder, and soy sauce.
Tofu Hamburger step by step
- Put the tofu in a bowl and whip it up into a paste..
- Add breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix..
- Chop the vegetables and fly them with oil..
- Add the salt, pepper, soy sauce, egg, and the chopped vegetables into the tofu paste and mix well..
- Make into round shape and put them in the oven plate. Bake them for 25 mins at 350 degrees..
- Put a favorite sauce on the hamburger. Japanese Sauces recipe a) Grate 1/4 daikon and add Ponzu on it. b) Fry the chopped onion and mix with Ponzu..
- Enjoy :).
If the wheat germ isn't quite your thing, try another filler, such as almond meal, or just add a little extra flour. Pile it high with your favorite toppings and enjoy at your next cookout. As in, regular hamburger-style tofu burgers that stand up to being grilled and could probably fool any diehard meat eater into loving them. Ground Beef Sauce Aliyahs recipes and tips. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth.