Vegetarian Lentil Burgers. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer until the lentils are fully softened and the. These lentil veggie burgers are a hearty, flavorful vegetarian dinner idea! These veggie burgers are full of protein and fiber, making them a healthy recipe choice for cookouts, barbecues, or a cozy winter meal.
Veggie Lentil Burgers are healthy patties that are high in fiber, folate and flavor! Use easy-to-follow instructions to make these gluten free burgers with no breadcrumbs today. The best thing about the Vegan Lentil Burger recipe – besides its taste, obviously – is that you need as little as four ingredients to make the patties: lentils, raisins, walnuts, and gluten free bread crumbs. You can cook Vegetarian Lentil Burgers using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Lentil Burgers
- Prepare of Lentil patty.
- It’s 1 cup of Dry lentils (brown).
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rolled oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flaxseed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 medium of Carrot grated.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s 1 of Kaiser rolls.
- It’s 1 of Lettuce leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato slices.
- It’s 1 of Pickles.
- Prepare 1 of Mustard.
- You need 1 of Ketchup.
Classic Lentil Burgers- made with wholesome ingredients, these veggie burgers have a classic flavor that pairs well with any toppings. I may have a lot of veggie burgers on my site but this just so happens to be THE veggie burger. […] Lentil burgers are the typical recipe that you can prepare when you have leftover lentils from another meal previously prepared and you want to put these to good use in a new dish, or when you want to cook legumes in a different way. If you decide to use the leftovers of a previous dish it is important that you strain the stew and get rid of all the liquid broth, this is the only way to get. Easy lentil veggie burger adapted from SILVERWOLF's 'Butter Bean Burgers.' Additional vegetables may be added, as well as extra spices to enhance the flavor.
Vegetarian Lentil Burgers step by step
- Cook lentils in 2 1/2 cups water until soft and almost all water is absorbed..
- In a pan sauté carrots and onion until soft.
- In a large bowl place cooked lentils, carrot, onion, oats, bread crumbs and soy sauce and mix well..
- Form patties while mixture is warm. (Be careful to heat test mixture before forming patties to avoid burns), keep hands moist with water to avoid sticking. Yields 8-10 patties..
- You can freeze patties in single sandwich bags for easy meals..
- Lightly pan grill the patty on each side.
- Build burger with preferred toppings and enjoy.
You should also use whatever cheese you like. Lentil burgers A vegetarian recipe for lentils – perfect to substitute ground beef in tacos, hamburgers or sandwiches or just as a side dish. Sign in / Create an account If you prefer, you can bake these lentil burgers. The end result is slightly dryer but they are still good and my boys were happy to eat them. Put onto the bases of each bun, top with some mango chutney, lettuce leaves, a tomato slice, a pile of the pickled onions, a few coriander leaves and the bun top.