3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts. Whole Wheat Pizza dough is now ready to use. Preheating the oven is very important. Adjust the oven rack one level lower than the middle section of the oven.
Continue as directed in Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Probably the most important part of pizza is the crust. There are a lot of options. You can have 3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts
- Prepare 1 packages of Dry active yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Water – lukewarm.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of All purpose flour.
So scroll down to get that recipe. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless. Nothing at all like fluffy, chewy, soft, and crispy white pizza crust that we all know and love.
3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts instructions
- Start by combining sugar, yeast and water and leave for about 5 mins or until foamy.
- Add in the salt and olive oil then gently stir to combine.
- Add in the whole wheat flour and 2 cups of all purpose flour leaving 1/2 cup of left over flour in case the dough is still sticky… Dont add in all of the flour at the same time as the dough might be dry.
- Combine until the dough starts taking shape, this will take about 5 mins… At this point you can decide weather it needs more flour or if it's ready for the next step (in my case I needed to use a bit of my left over flour).
- Turn the dough out on a lightly surfaced area and knead until elastic and smooth.
- Form the dough into a round and place into a lightly floured bowl.
- Lightly coat the dough with olive oil so it doesn't for a layer of crust.
- Cover and let it ride in a warm spot until it doubles in size, for about 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen punch the dough down and turn out into a lightly floured surface and divide into three equal pieces.
- Cover and let rest for about 10 mins so it's easier to work with.
- Roll out the dough and now it's ready for your favourite pizza toppings.
To improve the nutritional profile of pizza, use half whole-wheat and half all-purpose flour, which yields a light crust with a distinctive nutty taste. Use a food processor, stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or your hands to mix the dough. Make pizza night a work of art! Create your family's favorite organic pizza with the H-E-B Organics Whole Wheat Ultra Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust. Pastorelli's pizza crusts are ultra-thin and crispy yet hold up well to lots of toppings.