Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough. Our authentic Italian pizza dough recipe will give you a crispy base perfectly suitable to be covered with fresh tomato, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. This simple and quick authentic Italian pizza dough recipe will make you wish you would have discovered it earlier. This Homemade Traditional Italian Pizza Dough Recipe, is the only Pizza Recipe you will ever need.
Make a typical Pizza Margherita or a popular Pizza Bianca. Vera Napoletana Pizza Dough Authentic Recipe. We highly recommend cooking by weight. You can cook Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough
- It’s 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 150 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 150 ml of Lukewarm water (about 40℃).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
It is fast, and easy to get the. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. Those charred spots are the mark of a truly authentic Italian-style pizza crust. From there, you can expect to find freshly pureed tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and extra-virgin olive oil.
Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough step by step
- Sift together the bread flour and cake flour into a bowl. Add the salt, and mix until it is evenly distributed..
- In a separate bowl, mix the lukewarm water, dry yeast, and sugar and let it sit for about 10 minutes. It's done when it starts to bubble..
- Add the mixture from Step 2 into the bowl from Step 1 in 4 to 5 batches, mixing with each addition. Mix well while making sure the moisture gets evenly distributed..
- Once the dough comes together, knead for 7 to 8 minutes..
- Add olive oil, and knead again for 7 to 8 minutes. Once the oil is thoroughly incorporated, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rise for about 1 hour at room temperature..
- The dough will rise to about twice its size. During the cold season, let it rise by warming the bowl with about 40℃ lukewarm water..
- Push the middle of the dough with your finger. It's done if it doesn't come back out..
- Remove the gas by gently pushing the dough with your palm..
- Divide the dough into four. (If quartered, the pizzas will be rather small. If you want a bigger size, you can just divide into two. Please adjust it to your preference.).
- Freeze the ones you're not using. Let them defrost at room temperature when using. It will be a little less tasty though..
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and roll it out about 5 mm thick. Coat the rolling pin with cake flour beforehand..
- Add toppings of your choice and it's done after baking it for about 12 to 15 minutes in a 220℃ preheated oven..
If you only take away one thing from this recipe, make it this: fresh, high-quality ingredients matter. Simple ingredients and technique in this dough make your pizza crust authentic, crispy and chewy just like your favorite NY brick oven joint. Make a cross on top of the dough with a knife. Dump the dough out of the bowl and back onto the floured surface. Punch it down, getting rid of any bubbles.