BBQ Chicken Pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. You can have BBQ Chicken Pizza using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need of Desired amount of the following:.
- Prepare of Prepared pizza crust (or pizza dough and follow instructions on how to make).
- You need of Chicken strips or breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of BBQ sauce (your favorite brand).
- It’s of Medium-sized red onion.
- It’s of Sliced pineapple chunks (optional).
Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan). Top with the shaved red onion, slices of BBQ chicken and slices of cheese.
BBQ Chicken Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- In a large pan cook the chicken until it’s done. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Once done, shred finely and set aside..
- Cut the red onion into thin slices; set aside..
- Start assembling your pizzas! I layered my premade pizza crust with a little bit of BBQ sauce followed by: cheese, chicken, red onion slices, Parmesan, and then topped off with a little bit more BBQ sauce..
- Bake until the cheese has broiled and the pizza crust is a nice golden brown..
- Serve with a complimentary Caesar salad!.
Dot the top with extra patches of BBQ sauce. Slide the pizza into a hot pizza oven and bake until the crust is bubbly and. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness.