Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust). My husband and kids like their breakfast pizza with bacon AND sausage but I like mine with a mix of veggies, like red pepper, red onion, mushrooms, black olives and jalapenos! Great recipe for Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust). Had a great slice of Breakfast pizza one morning, so Kevin and I just had to make one of our own. ***You can make this pizza being stuffed crust or omit the string cheese and just have regular non-stuffed crust breakfast pizza!*** Either way.
This is an update because so many people have asked how I freeze this dough for future use. Use a silpat or parchment paper sprayed with oil to prevent them from sticking to the baking sheet. You may recognize this dough recipe from my bagel post, I modified this to use less baking powder.; Greek yogurt instead of plain is a MUST or your dough will be too sticky, if there's any liquid in the yogurt be sure to drain it. You can cook Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust) using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust)
- Prepare of Bread/Pizza/Handmade dough.
- It’s 1 bag of Shredded cheese of your choice [mozzarella cheese].
- You need 4-6 of eggs [depending on size your making].
- Prepare 1 splash of milk.
- Prepare of Desired amount of Cooked Bacon.
- Prepare of Desired amount of Cooked Sauage.
- It’s 5 of string cheese sticks.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- You need of Melted butter w/ brush for spreading.
Find a pizza near you to choose from our crafted pizza recipes or create your own pizza.. Hearty recipes and two layers of our original crust, It's loaded with toppings.. sauce, cheese, and delicious toppings. Or customize any recipe with your favorite crust. All our dough is hand-made daily with a hobart mixer.
Breakfast Pizza (stuffed crust) instructions
- Cook Bacon and Sauage. Set aside to cool, once cooled, crumble into small bits and pieces. Set aside until needed for your toppings..
- Pre-heat the oven at 400-425 depending on how well done (crispy) you want the crust to be..
- Remove wrapping or Open the string cheese sticks from there individual packaging and cut them in half. Set aside..
- Spread some flour out on counter or put flour directly on the dough and working into the size of your Pizza pan. **If your doing stuffed crust pizza stretch the dough an additional 2-3" beyond edge of pan, enough to roll a 1/2 a cheese stick into the crust—creating the stuff crust** do this all the way around your pizza or half way if others don't want stuff crust..
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the splash of milk, and mix together with a whisk until one solid looking color..
- Spray your pizza/round flat baking pan with cooking spray. Just enough so pizza don't stick to your pan. !!!warning… There have been times where I have sprayed my pan a little to early, tried working my dough on said pan and got very frustrated, b/c the dough is constantly shrinking down! That's why I recommend doing a size check every now and then before committing the dough to pan once it's been sprayed!.
- Pour your beaten eggs on your dough, making sure it covers all of the dough, ***think of this as the, pizza "sauce" layer*** touching the crust completely around. TIP: if you notice the egg is very thin and not completely touching the crust 100% around,–beat 1 egg with a splash of milk and pour onto crust, continue to do so, 1 egg w/ a splash of milk at a time until the eggs/ "sauce.
- Now time for toppings! Add your shredded cheese first, once your happy with your amount of cheese, then add your bacon and sauage next….add as little or as much as you want!.
- Carefully place in heated oven. Top/middle rack, depending on prefered doneness you want..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on how soft or crispy you want your crust to be. That's it! Easy right!?.
- (optional) Once you pull out of oven immediently spread butter around top-most part of crust, and chase around with garlic powder. (optional).
- Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes after pulling from oven. Then cut your pizza into as many slices as you'd like! ENJOY!.
A difference you can taste. an opportunity you can't miss! Taste and appearance rule with consumers. That's why we never stop innovating our line of pizzas and handheld products. Now, our pizza comes with a new crust that delivers a fresh out-of-the-oven aroma and taste, a delicious cheese blend with a creamy flavor, and an improved appearance that says authentic pizzeria. This stuffed crust pizza recipe features eggs and kale atop a whole wheat pita to make the perfect quick-and-easy savory breakfast. ~by Regan Jones, RD.