Cheese and Mushroom Veggie Burger. Mushroom Veggie Burger Made With Sautéed Mushrooms. One of my friends from work is a vegetarian and I recently told her that I want to make these veggie burgers. She looked at me stunned and said: "Edyta, you don't make veggie burgers, you buy veggie burgers." Hm….
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below. This vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free mushroom burger recipe may just surprise you with how tasty it is. You can have Cheese and Mushroom Veggie Burger using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese and Mushroom Veggie Burger
- You need 2 of large onions.
- It’s 250 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of minced cloves of garlic.
- You need 200 g of grated mature cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of linseed/flax seeds.
- It’s to taste of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Marmite (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Mixed spices.
- You need 1 cup of flour to bind.
- You need of Extra flour to coat patties.
While mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture, the addition of pinto beans makes this recipe high in fiber and protein, too. These veggie burgers are easy to make and healthier than beef burgers. The best damn Chunky Portabella Veggie Burgers on the planet! Portabella mushrooms, broccoli, black beans, and seasoning make this a burger even meat lovers can't resist!
Cheese and Mushroom Veggie Burger step by step
- Saute chopped onions. Add minced garlic. Add chopped mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. When cool, transfer to large bowl..
- Add grated cheese, soy sauce to taste, Marmite if using for additional flavour. Add mixed spices to taste..
- Mix in chia seeds and linseed to add more protein and to absorb any excess moisture. Add flour to bind mix..
- Leave to rest for about half an hour for flavours to blend together..
- Put more flour on a plate to completely coat each pattie formed from the mix. Place each pattie on a sheet of grease proof paper on a baking tray..
- Cook at 200C/400F for about 15.minutes each side. Makes 6 -8 patties. Can be stored in fridge or freezer..
This burger is packed full of veggies and seasonings that makes it taste like a real beef burger! Whether you're a vegetarian or a carnivore you'll love this burger! In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. To make the veggie burgers, first drain, rinse, and mash the beans either by hand or in a food processor, depending on desired burger texture. Stir in all other ingredients, and form patties. (Add more flour if too soft to form patties.) Mushroom Veggie Burger Mushrooms and shredded Parmesan cheese add a meaty flavor to these juicy veggie burgers.