Deep fried pizza dough balls. Sweet Fried Pizza Dough Balls – Recipe Italians are crazy about pizza and, when it comes to Carnival time, also about frying pretty much everything. Each single area in Italy has its own recipe for making fried stuff at Carnival but some of the best recipes are the spontaneous ones like the Sweet Fried Pizza Dough Balls you can easily make. Making pizza balls is so easy.
I didn't know a better translation, sorry! These are made from a dough similar to pizza. A strong tradition for Christmas eve lunch in Naples. You can cook Deep fried pizza dough balls using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Deep fried pizza dough balls
- You need 500 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 25 g of fresh yeast.
- Prepare 500 ml of warm water.
- It’s of Oil for frying (sunflower, veg).
- Prepare of Salt and dried herbs (I like thyme or rosemary).
Take one of the dough pieces, flatten it, and put shredded cheese and some pepperoni in the middle. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces. Make sure dough balls are pinched completely shut and try to smooth ball.
Deep fried pizza dough balls step by step
- Mix yeast in water and gently add to flour. Mix constantly. The final consistency should be quite runny. Leave to rise for about 90 mins.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok on a medium low flame. Using 2 spoons, scoop the dough into the oil and fry until lightly golden. These will need to be done in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, adding salt and dried herbs of your choice..
Roll dough out and cut it in half. Deep fried pizza dough balls Recipe by Miss Fluffy s. Best Deep Fried Pizza Dough from Deep fried pizza dough balls Recipe by Miss Fluffy s. Visit this site for details: cookpad.com When executed effectively, deep frying does not make food exceedingly greasy, since the dampness in the food repels the oil. Fill ½ a glass with warm water, and add the yeast for the deep fried pizza to it, mixing it around to dissolve it.