Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes. Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger.
Stir in flour, bouillon and steak sauce. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. You can have Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes
- You need 1 lb of ground meat.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need Half of a box of instant mashed potatoes or make your own.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 of small green onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- It’s 1 of small can sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
Old fashioned hamburger gravy is a classic recipe that's tasty, versatile and so satisfying! Crumbled ground beef in a thick and creamy gravy made from milk and broth. This is the perfect topping for turning any starch side dish into a mouth-watering entrée. In a large skillet, brown ground beef.
Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Brown your ground meat with the green and yellow onion. Drain grease. Return to pan and add in soup and broth. Simmer over medium heat for 20 mins..
- Next add butter, mushrooms, parsley, salt, & pepper. Mix well, then fold in 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream..
- Continue to simmer while preparing the mashed potatoes. When ready, add potatoes to bowl and top with meat sauce! Serve & Enjoy!.
Thicken gravy with the flour to the consistency you prefer. Crumble the ground beef into a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain most of the grease, leaving just enough to coat the pan. Mom's Hamburger Gravy Recipe: There are some recipes that take you back to your childhood.