Hamburger Gravy. Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger.
Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. You can cook Hamburger Gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy
- Prepare of Beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of peas (do not drain).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 packet of brown gravy mix (I usually use McCormick's).
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare 6-8 of large white or gold potatoes.
- It’s 1/2-1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Thicken gravy with the flour to the consistency you prefer. Old fashioned hamburger gravy is a classic recipe that's tasty, versatile and so satisfying! Crumbled ground beef in a thick and creamy gravy made from milk and broth.
Hamburger Gravy instructions
- Peel and chop potatoes into small equal sized pieces. Add to salted water and boil (covered) until a white rim appears around the edge of the pot and potatoes are soft. (About 30 minutes)..
- While potatoes are boiling… brown beef and then drain fat..
- Add spices and stir (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)..
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft. (3 minutes or so).
- Mix gravy packet with 1 cup of cold water and add into beef..
- Simmer (uncovered) until gravy thickens..
- Add peas (undrained) and continue to simmer (uncovered) on low for 5-10 minutes allowing the gravy to thicken and the dish to get hot..
- While that simmers… drain potatoes. Quickly add butter, sour cream and milk. Beat on low for a few seconds just to mix. Add additional milk or sour cream (if needed) and beat on high until mixed. Do not over beat! I continue to add small amounts of butter, sour cream or milk until the potatoes are to my liking. I add in salt and pepper at the end and give it one more quick mix with the mixer..
- Pour gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.
This is the perfect topping for turning any starch side dish into a mouth-watering entrée. Mom's Hamburger Gravy Recipe: There are some recipes that take you back to your childhood. For my family these recipes include Tuna Noodle Casserole, Beef Stew, Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole, Salmon Patties and this easy hamburger gravy recipe. Instead of making biscuits and gravy with pork sausage, our mom typically made hamburger gravy since we always had freezer full of beef. Crumble the ground beef into a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.