Hearty Beef Stroganoff. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Hearty Beef Stroganoff Classic beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish made by simmering strips of beef in a stew and swirling in velvety sour cream. Our slow-cooker version has all the flavor of the original recipe but with less fuss.
Add garlic, mushroom or sprinkle with cheese to taste. Serve with buttered noodles or white rice. Add beef strips; shake to coat. You can cook Hearty Beef Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hearty Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 lb of ground hamburger.
- You need 1 bag of of egg noodles.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of of brown (beef) gravy mix.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of of whorsteshire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic salt to taste. I recommend Lawry's..
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
Stir in broth, water, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Beef Stroganoff is a hearty, comforting dish of beef and mushrooms in gravy, most commonly served over egg noodles. Cooking Tips: The cut of steak is your preference, but I recommend using a high-quality cut since this a quick skillet meal. While it might not win any prizes for beauty, everybody asks for second-helpings when I make this ground beef stroganoff recipe for dinner.
Hearty Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling adding a little oil to the water..
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet on med. heat till barely cooked, about 5 min. then drain the grease..
- Add the butter, onions and mushrooms to hamburger and cook another 5 min. stirring often..
- In a large measuring cup or bowl measure out the milk and gravy mix and wisk together thoroughly..
- Meanwhile add noodles to boiling water and stir periodically. Cook for 7 min..
- Turn heat to low – med. and stir in milk mixture and whorsteshire sauce..
- When noodles are done drain and stir in a little butter so noodles don't stick, cover and set aside..
- Stir seasonings into sauce and cook till thickened.
- Turn off heat and stir in the sourcream, saving some for on top..
- Serve sauce over the noodles and top with a dollop of sour cream and fresh parsley. Enjoy!.
Juicy strips of beef smothered in a sour cream mushroom gravy – a quick dinner everyone will love! KEY STEPS: Sear beef super quickly for maximum juiciness and use a large skillet (for quick sear + fast sauce reduction). Stroganoff calls for good beef but if you only have a budget cut, use this easy Chinese method to tenderise the beef (it's called "velveting"). This healthier beef stroganoff tastes just as a great as the traditional recipe without the added fat. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in sour cream.