Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza. Once I get my hands on some fresh tomatoes the first thing I make is a Caprese Salad. Fast and easy and so delicious. That is one of the best things about Summer, all the fresh ingredients.
A compendium of Italian flavours that sums up, with extreme simplicity, all the goodness of Italian taste. A classic Italian Caprese Salad recipe made with fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, and a simple caprese dressing. I love this Caprese Salad because it can be served as a side dish or appetizer, it's made with fresh ingredients, and it has zero cook time! You can cook Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza
- Prepare 4 of pita bread pockets.
- Prepare 1 of Gilbert's caprese chicken sausage link.
- It’s 1 of pesto spread.
- It’s 10 small of fresh mozzarella balls.
- You need 5 of grape tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- You need 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette (OPTIONAL).
This is also a quality I appreciate about these Mini Cheese Ball Bites and this Bleu Cheese Wedge Salad. Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese or tomato, mozzarella and basil salad is a cult dish of Italian cuisine. At it's core, caprese is an Italian salad composed of fresh mozzarella cheese, juicy tomatoes, basil and a little bit of olive oil. While the classic is something we never get sick of, we're also.
Italian Caprese & Chicken Sausage Mini Pizza instructions
- Take a cookie tray, and scatter kosher salt on the tray..
- Take each pita bread, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on both sides of the bread, leaving a nice layer without any puddles. Do this for each pizza..
- With a spoon, take the pesto and spread it on each of the pita breads creating a base layer..
- Take the chicken sausage link, and cut it into quarter-inch discs, enough to put 4-5 discs on each bread..
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters, and alternate the tomato quarters with the chicken sausage discs. The idea is to have it look like a star pattern..
- Take the mozzarella balls, and cut them each in half. Place about 5-6 halves on each pita bread; one on each sausage disc and one in the middle..
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted fully..
- When the pitas come out of the oven, top with freshly sliced basil. (Optional: add a small drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on top).
- Serve hot, & enjoy!.
Caprese Salad is an easy classic Italian recipe. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best! The combination of ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and basil are a winning combination and you will love the excellent homemade Balsamic Glaze. Caprese definition is – a salad consisting of slices of mozzarella and tomatoes, basil, and olive oil or Italian dressing. Caprese Cake has a low thickness, it's crispy on the surface but soft and slightly moist inside.