Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers. Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers are awesome. You've got to give this recipe a try. Heat indoor ridged grill sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; add bacon.
Spicy Monterey Jack cheese adds zip to a healthy turkey burger. Loaded with warm spices and topped with a cool salsa and monterey jack cheese, these turkey burgers are the perfect patties to throw on the grill. Guacamole adds a twist to your favorite cheesy Turkey burger! You can have Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 oz of pepper jack cheese, shredded.
- It’s 2 of scallions, minced.
For some real flavor, dice up some bacon in the guacamole for that real western flavor! In a large bowl, combine the turkey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic and pepper. Heat an indoor ridged grill sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Grilled Turkey Burgers Wtih Monterey Jack, Poblano Pickle Relish.
Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers instructions
- In a large bowl, gently hand-mix together the ground turkey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder and black pepper..
- Add the minced scallions and shredded cheese. Gently fold together by hand..
- Form into patties. I usually do 5 oz patties. (Photo shows a double batch. We've got a big family).
- Cook them however you'd cook a beef burger. I prefer the grill. They're fantastic grilled over indirect charcoal heat with added hickory smoking chips in a pouch below the cooking zone. On a weeknight I'll just throw them on the gas grill over medium heat and cook them up much faster. They're still great. They could be cooked inside in a skillet or on a griddle. Up to you..
- Serve with whole-wheat buns, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, and the condiments of your choice..
This recipe is from Grilling for Life cookbook by Bobby Flay. Turkey burgers have become the alternative to hamburgers. Ground turkey is a great choice because of its low fat content, but that often means the burgers are dry and bland. Chimichurri Burger with Avocado, Monterey Jack, and Cabbage Slaw. Chimichurri spice gives this burger an Argentinian flair, and cubed avocado adds an irresistible creaminess.