My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak. Cook over medium-low covered until done. In the last few minutes of cooking, remove cover and brown. Great recipe for My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak.
Recipe by *tsumuji mama * Hamburger Steak with Onions & Gravy Pan fried hamburger steaks, topped with sauteed onion's and smothered in a homemade pan gravy. This recipe is the perfect diner-style meal. Growing up Hamburger Steak with Gravy was one of my favorite meals and also one of the first recipes my mother taught me to cook. You can have My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak
- You need 480 grams of ★Ground pork.
- Prepare 200 grams of ★Ground beef.
- You need 2 of ★Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Salt.
- You need 1 dash of ★Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ★Nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Panko.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 large of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- You need 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 4 of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of Japanese Worcestershire-Style Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of White sesame seeds.
- It’s 400 ml of ♪ Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ♪ Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ♪ Sugar.
- You need 1 clove of ♪ Ground garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ♪ Vinegar.
Learn how to make Hamburger Steak. One of my favorite Southern style comfort foods is Hamburger Steak topped with Onions and Gravy. You'll find it on the menu of just about every Mom and Pop style diner here in North Carolina. I must admit, I probably have this about once a week, and have been known to have it a second time in the same week.
My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak step by step
- Julienne the daikon and carrot and soak in water. Drain..
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, Japanese style worcestershire sauce, and white sesame seeds well..
- Cook the minced onion in oil heated in a frying pan until browned. Once browned, let cool completely..
- Once cooled, set aside 1 tablespoon of the onion and put the rest into a bowl. Combine with the ★ ingredients well..
- Heat oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the meat mixture. Since you are trying to imitate the "Bikkuri Donkey" restaurant style burgers, please make them as thin and large as you can. (Cover with a lid to steam fry).
- After the burgers have cooked through, save the oil. Add the ♪ ingredients and the remaining 1 tablespoon of onion to the frying pan and simmer to make a sauce for the hamburgers..
- If you arrange it like this, you will have a replica of the "Bikkuri Donkey" style plate!! It will taste delicious if you optionally top it with cheese or grated daikon!!.
Heat oil in skillet and brown steaks on both sides. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix hamburger, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour together. Hamburger Steak and Gravy is pure southern comfort food at it's finest! An old fashioned recipe of deliciously seasoned beef with a from scratch onion brown gravy.