Poor Boy Filets. Poor Man's Filet Mignon Kansas is a leading beef producer, so this is a fitting recipe for our state. Our family, including the grandchildren, loves this hearty main dish. View full nutritional breakdown of Poor Boy Filets calories by ingredient.
This is an EXCELLENT random ground beef recipe. It's a great way to save money and enjoy a delicious faux filet. In a skillet, partially cook bacon. You can have Poor Boy Filets using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poor Boy Filets
- It’s 2 lb of Hamburger.
- You need 2 can of Mushroom Pieces.
- You need 6 tbsp of Pimento Stuffed Olives, Chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Italian Cheese Blend.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Onions, Diced.
- Prepare 12 slice of Bacon.
Cook bacon but remove from pan before bacon turns hard and crispy. Wrap fillets with bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place fillets on sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Spread ground meat out on wax paper.
Poor Boy Filets step by step
- Spread ground meat out on wax paper and flatten. Combine next 6 ingredients in a bowl then sprinkle evenly on the meat. Using the wax paper as support, roll the meat as you would a jelly roll. Carefully slide roll onto cookie sheet with the seam side down. Refrigerate 2-3 hours..
- Slice the roll into 1 1/2 inch thick slices. Wrap a piece of bacon around each slice of the filet and secure the bacon with a toothpick. Grill about 8 minutes on each side over medium heat. Remember to remove the toothpicks prior to eating.
Using wax paper as support, roll meat as you would a jelly. All Reviews for Fish Po' Boys – of Reviews. Reviews: Most Helpful Most Helpful Most Positive Least Positive Newest. Back to Recipe Review this recipe. How to Make Poor Boy Fillets.