Salisbury Steak. In a medium bowl, combine egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage. Salisbury steak is a classic American comfort food. This basic version is quick and easy to assemble thanks to the use of prepared golden mushroom soup.
Salisbury steak is basically a technique to transform hamburger back into a steak. So, just to have fun, I shaped the patties like small T-bone steaks and after they were cooked, I cut a hole to fit a small onion ring that I pressed into the meat and filled it with horseradish sauce to resemble a bone and marrow. Salisbury steak is a totally scrumptious way to transform the humble ground beef / mince into something amazing! You can have Salisbury Steak using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- Prepare 8 piece of hamburger patties.
- You need 1 tbsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 can of beef broth.
- It’s 1 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 packages of onion soup mix.
- You need of pepper.
The onion grating / soaking breadcrumbs will make your patties extra tasty and tender, and the Mushroom Gravy is made extra delicious by cooking the Salisbury Steaks IN the gravy! Salisbury Steak with Wild Mushroom Gravy, Smashed Potatoes with garlic and Herb Cheese and Chives, Creamed Spinach. Salisbury Steak is one of our favorite comfort foods! Tender beef patties smothered in a rich onion and mushroom gravy, this one-pan Salisbury steak dish is super easy to make and loaded with flavor!
Salisbury Steak instructions
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Place 4 patties around the bottom of the pot. sprinkle with steak seasoning..
- Then put half of the onions and mushrooms on top.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining hamburger, seasoning, onion, and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, broth, soup mix, and pepper together. Pour on top of the patties.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours (your meat will not be brown like when you grill but it will be thoroughly cooked if done the full time! Something about sitting in the juice keeps it the same color).
- Use the gravy over mashed potatoes also.
Salisbury Steak – A Family Favorite. Homemade Salisbury steak is one of our favorite easy home cooked recipes! Salisbury Steak is actually a version of Hamburger Steak (technically Hamburg Steak as the German's would say). Although Salisbury Steak differs from Hamburger Steak in that it allows for other filling and flavorful ingredients (very similar to meatloaf ) whereas Hamburger Steak is just meat and seasonings. Salisbury steak may be a vintage recipe, but we're fully on board for the comeback.