Simple Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy.
Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make. A definitive version of the classic family recipe, this easy shepherd's pie has been triple-tested by our cookery team and nutritionally analysed. Find more family favourite recipes including cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese and chicken casserole on BBC Good Food. You can have Simple Shepherds Pie using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Shepherds Pie
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- You need 1 packages of mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- Prepare 2 envelope of betty crocker instant potatoes.
- You need 1 of shredded cheese.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. Prepare potatoes as directed on package, omitting the milk. This way when you add the cream cheese the potatoes stay fluffy.
Simple Shepherds Pie step by step
- preheat oven to 400.
- brown hamburger and drain grease.
- mix gravy mix in measuring cup and add to burger.
- add frozen veggies to hamburger mix.
- cook hamburger mix until gravy thickens.
- cook potatoes according to instructions.
- top with shredded cheese and melt cheese.
- put meat mixture in bottom of baking dish add potatoes on top and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes start to brown on top.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! This is a recipe for Cottage Pie.