Spinach Burger with pork and beans. Tip: The greens in this recipe may be substituted with chopped kale, Swiss chard, or spinach. Add a squeeze of lemon to the greens and plenty of freshly chopped garlic. See great recipes for Spinach Burger with pork and beans too!
Get one of our Butterbean and spinach burgers recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat, then mist with cooking spray. Remove the pork from the pan and wrap in kitchen foil. You can have Spinach Burger with pork and beans using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach Burger with pork and beans
- Prepare 2 cup of water spinach,cleaned,steamed and finely chopped.
- You need 1 large of Hunts pork and beans,baked.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 medium of eggs,beaten.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic,finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder(optional).
- Prepare 3 large of buns,toasted on both sides.
- Prepare 1 medium of tomato,sliced.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil,for frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Drain beans, discarding water; rinse with cool water. Stir in tomatoes, spinach and salt. Add the garlic and ¼ cup water. In a medium bowl mash beans with a fork or potato masher.
Spinach Burger with pork and beans step by step
- In a bowl,combine flour,eggs,onion,cayenne powder,garlic and spinach,Season with salt and pepper then give it all a good mix with a wooden spoon until combined then divide the mixture into 3 equal parts..
- Heat oil in a skillet, over medium heat, about 4 minutes..
- Scoop the mixture into the pan then flattening thin with the back of a spoon after placing in the skillet.(make flat burger shapes about 1/2 inch thick.).
- Cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browning.(Be patient..if you flip them too soon,they will fall apart.)Repeat with the remaining mixture..
- Stuff buns with burgers,tomatoes and pork and beans then top with cheddar cheese..
Combine remaining bread crumbs and parsley in a shallow dish. To serve: Warm through the fennel and the beans. Place some spinach on a plate and top with the sliced pork. Serve the beans around the pork and place a spoonful of fennel next to the pork. Pour over some of the reduced chicken stock.