Veggie Pizza: Yes… it's a cauliflower crust!!. Yes It's Pizza – Cauliflower Crust A crispy, colourful crust made with Cauliflower that pairs perfectly with our delicious toppings. Topped with delicious mozzarella & Edam cheese, roasted chicken, yellow peppers and pineapple over a tomato sauce. At first glance, this recipe will seem like a lot of steps, however, you get quicker and better at it as you make more of them.
Taylor Kiser, of Food Faith Fitness, puts a Thai twist on grilled cauliflower-crust pizza with the addition of spicy peanut sauce, cilantro, and minced, fresh ginger. Melted mozzarella cheese gives an extra boost of protein and calcium, and healthful toppings like green. Made with cauliflower, seasonings, eggs and cheeses, cauliflower pizza crust—much like its traditional flour counterpart—is essentially just a tasty vehicle by which to deliver even tastier toppings to your mouth. You can have Veggie Pizza: Yes… it's a cauliflower crust!! using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie Pizza: Yes… it's a cauliflower crust!!
- Prepare of pizza crust:.
- It’s of cauliflower.
- Prepare of egg.
- Prepare of – grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of ————————–.
- You need of beet pesto:.
- Prepare of large beet.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- You need of – lemon juice.
- Prepare of – olive oil.
- It’s of – grated parmaesan cheese.
- You need of —————————.
- Prepare of toppings:.
- Prepare of kale (roughly chopped).
- You need of beet pesto.
- Prepare of (+/-… Your choice) of crumbled goat cheese.
- It’s of —————————-.
Pile the scrumptious gluten-free substitute with any one of these combinations of meats, cheeses, veggies and herbs for a dinner that delivers. Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipes are low calories crispy pizza crust made of grated cauliflower.. Try one of our veggie pizza crust range : spinach pizza crust, cauliflower pizza crust, kale pizza crust all great low carb pizza crust from our most popular low carb recipes !. stay in ketosis and keep losing weight with pleasure. Compared to regular pizza crust, cauliflower crust does tend to have less sodium, so you can mark that in the "pros" column.
Veggie Pizza: Yes… it's a cauliflower crust!! step by step
- Before proceeding with the recipe, you will have to roast a large beet by cutting it into cubes (approx. 6 to 8 cubes) and loosely wrap it in aluminum foil… oh drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Let cool..
- Once you pull the beet from the oven, kick the temperature up to 450 degrees..
- For the crust… Break up the head of cauliflower into large chunks and steam for about 15 minutes. A fork should be able to easily puncture it. Using your food processor, mash up the cauliflower so that it looks similar to thick grits or pollenta..
- Pour cauliflower onto a stack of at least 5 or 6 paper towels and apply an additional 5+ paper towels on top..
- Using your hands, press down on the cauliflower so that the towels absorbs the water. Continue to change out the wet paper towels until they are no longer getting wet during the pressing process..
- Once you have pressed as much moisture out of your cauliflower as possible, put it in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg and remaining ingredients and mix..
- Place the cauliflower mixture onto a baking or pizza sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten with your hands while shaping it to size of your pizza. NOTE: This crust doesn't rise like usual dough, so what ever thickness and shape you create, will be the same once it comes out of the oven..
- Salt & Pepper to taste (optional) and bake for about 15 minutes or until it has established a light golden brown color..
- While the crust is in the oven, make the beet pesto. NOTE: You can use any kind of base sauce you want…. red, basil pesto, etc. I just prefer this one. :-).
- For the pesto…. Place all of the ingredients listed above into your food processor and let her rip!.
- Once the crust is done, carefully remove from the oven, reduce heat to 415 degrees and top with the beet pesto, kale and goat cheese..
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes. I just pay attention to the coloring of the cheese…a golden brown across the top is perfect. Serve while it's hot..
- FINAL NOTE: If you have never made a cauliflower crust before, I don't recommend baking this dish for guests on your first attempt. Making this sort of crust may take a little practice, but is soooo worth it. JUST REMEMBER TO REMOVE AS MUCH MOISTURE AS POSSIBLE DURING THE PRESSING PROCESS. THAT IS KEY..
But when you dive into the other nutrition facts, the results aren't totally in favor of the veggie substitute. Some cauliflower crust brands are lower in carbohydrates, but not all of them. Perfect for replacing traditional pizza crust! This cold veggie pizza is seriously good. The ranch cream cheese gives the base so much flavor and the fresh vegetables give this the perfect amount of crunch!