Walnut Blue Cheese Whole Wheat Pizza. Walnut Blue Cheese Whole Wheat Pizza Friday night pizza is a big deal. Have some big flavor with it. jimkmaus. This healthy pizza is made with a whole wheat pizza dough, spinach, blue cheese, walnuts, and Parmesan.
The classic combination of pears, walnuts and blue cheese isn't just for salad. Toss the same ingredients onto purchased whole-wheat pizza dough and make your own gourmet flatbread at home. The other two primary toppings are toasted walnuts and blue cheese. You can cook Walnut Blue Cheese Whole Wheat Pizza using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Walnut Blue Cheese Whole Wheat Pizza
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of ap flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of lager, like Sam Adams Boston.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of active yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of crumbled blue cheese.
- You need 1/4 lb of walnuts, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, crushed and chopped fine.
- You need 1 of red pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, diced.
- It’s 6 leaves of fresh basil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil to saute veggies.
- It’s to taste of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
When I mentioned that this is an adult pizza above, I was talking mostly about the blue cheese. Some folks love this type of cheese while others don't care for it much. I'll tell you one thing – when it's combined with the walnuts and onion, it's out of this world. Blue Cheese and Walnut Whole Wheat Bread: Bread may seem daunting to make, but it is actually quite simple.
Walnut Blue Cheese Whole Wheat Pizza step by step
- For the dough (in the morning).
- Heat lager in microwave for 10 seconds, or to 90 degrees.
- Sprinkle yeast on top, let it foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flours and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- With a flexible bench scraper or spatula, mix in the water, 2 tbsp olive oil and the yeast mixture until it starts to pull away from the side of the bowl, make sure the dough is not too sticky. Remove to board..
- Coat the bowl with a thin film of olive oil..
- Place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, put in warm, dry place. Go to work..
- In the evening, punch down the dough and separate into 2 pieces. Wrap one and put in frig for future use..
- Coat a 1/4 sheet pan with olive oil and a paper towel..
- Place dough in pan, stretch to ends, cover with plastic. Let it rise for 15-30 mins..
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- While dough is resting, put 2 tbsp olive oil in sautee pan over medium heat. When hot, add diced onion, cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, take off heat..
- Take plastic off the dough. Stretch to ends if needed. Spread the warm garlic and oil mixture over the top, brushing so it covers the entire surface..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Add walnuts, blue cheese, tomato and red pepper..
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add basil..
- Cook for 5 more minutes or until brown around the edges..
- Remove to cooling rack for 5 minutes..
- Slide onto cutting board to serve..
After a few hours of waiting and a little bit of effort, your hard work will be rewarded with fresh bread straight from the oven! This bread is a healthy, whole wheat walnut bread wi. Spray your pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease the pan. Press pizza dough into the pan while building up the edges. Brush with tablespoon of olive oil.