Zucchini Pizza Boats. Place hollowed zucchini on a large baking sheet. Spoon on sauce, then top with mozzarella and mini pepperoni. Once your Zucchini Pizza Boats are stuffed, all that remains is to bake.
Ricotta and melted mozzarella cheese make this a fun twist on pizza without all the carbs. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and, using a teaspoon, remove. Fully loaded with sausage, mushrooms, peppers and olives, it's a lower-carb, lower-calorie way to enjoy pizza and sneak some extra veggies into your diet. You can have Zucchini Pizza Boats using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Pizza Boats
- It’s of Zucchini.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt,pepper, garlic salt.
- You need of Pizza sauce.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- You need of pepperoni.
Spread each zucchini boat with pizza sauce, then top with cheese and toppings. I love these zucchini pizza boats because you can make the toppings very similar to how you would your fave pizza! These zucchini pizza boats are as easy as they come. The simplest ingredients usually make for the tastiest recipes, so I put the best together and made the ultimate faux pizza.
Zucchini Pizza Boats step by step
- Wash, cut off ends, then cut down the middle.
- With a brush put Olive oil on them.
- Add,Salt,pepper,garlic powder do each one to taste.
- Bake or grill. bake – 450 for 20 – 30 mins till the zucchini is soft this would be good grilled too. While it’s cooking cut pepperoni in half and cut mushrooms in small pieces and any other veggies you have. I went easy and only used mushrooms. (Can add meat, sausage, bacon, Canada bacon, pineapple,make it all meat, all cheese whatever you like).
- After the zucchini is cooked let cool for 10 mins or so then add the Pizza sauce,cheese mushrooms, pepperoni.
- Put back in oven or grill till cheese is melted and mushroom are cooked about 10 mins at 350 (keep an eye on it).
- I used my toaster oven for this… but think this would be so much better on the grill or in a smoker (it is winter when I made this).
- Notes – you can use whatever cheese and any veggies just make sure you cut them up small to fit on the zucchini (this is the cheese I used it’s my favorite).
This zucchini pizza boat recipe is perfect for quick weeknight dinners, ready in a few easy steps. Easy Zucchini Pizza Boats stuffed with ground turkey, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and marinara sauce covered in cheese solve any pizza craving. To make zucchini boats, simply scoop the flesh out of the zucchini halves and stuff them with a filling of your choice. You have a meal, and a creative way to use up all the zucchini in your garden. In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.