Applebee's Quesadilla Burger Copycat. Applebees Quesadilla Burger This burger is made from a well-seasoned ground chuck beef patties. The meat is topped with slices of Pepper Jack cheese, a delicious Mexi-ranch sauce, crispy Applewood smoked bacon, fresh pico de gallo, crispy fresh lettuce, and this burger is surrounded by warm Cheddar cheese quesadillas. Applebee's Quesadilla Burgers (Copycat) Recipe by basfishinlady.
Great recipe for Applebee's Quesadilla Burger Copycat. I'm not really a fan of Applebee's, but I really like their Quesadilla Burger. I figured it can't be that hard to make. You can have Applebee's Quesadilla Burger Copycat using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Applebee's Quesadilla Burger Copycat
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 cups of cheddar jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- You need 8 of street taco sized flour tortillas.
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter – melted.
- It’s of For the Pico de Gallo.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes – seeded and finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of small sweet onion – finely diced.
- You need 2 tbs of fresh cilantro – finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chili powder (optional).
- It’s 1 of small jalapeño – seeded, minced (optional).
- You need of For the Mexi-Ranch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ranch dressing.
- You need 2 tbs of salsa (any heat level).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot sauce (such as Tabasco or Sriracha).
I make quesadillas ALL the time, and this is literally just a quesadilla with a burger patty thrown in the mix! Several years ago, my son was on an Applebee's kick. Anytime he was choosing our restaurant, he chose Applebee's. I found something I loved on the menu.
Applebee's Quesadilla Burger Copycat step by step
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients for pico de gallo together until well incorporated. In a small bowl wisk together ingredients for mexi-ranch until blended. Cover both and refrigerate 1 hour..
- Form ground beef into 4 burger patties. Season with salt and pelper if desired (I didnt bother becsuse there's enough salt everywhere else hete). Grill burgers to desired doneness (or to at least 160°F internal temp if you're a stickler on that)..
- While burgers grill heat a large skillet over medium heat. Working with 4 tortillas at a time, brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter. Place buttered side down in skillet. Spread 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in an even layer over each tortilla. Cook until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden on bottom..
- Transfer tortillas to plates, 2 per plate, cheese side up. Repeat with remaining 4 tortillas..
- To Assemble: Place one burger patty on what will be the bottom tortilla, top with pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, then a couple spoonfuls of mexi-ranch. Place other tortilla, cheese side doen, on top. Press everything together. Eat. Enjoy!.
Then shortly after that, I heard a news report that was telling the most unhealthy things to eat at restaurants. Place a cooked burger on top, then top with more cheese, and cup pico de gallo and a drizzle of sour cream. Applebee's Quesadilla Burgers (Copycat) Recipe – Food.com. I have never eaten Applebees Quesadilla burgers but I can say that these burgers are awesome! You can adapt this to make as many burgers as you need.