BB's BBQ Chicken Pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
So, let's talk about the key component to BBQ Chicken Pizza. Next add an even layer of mozzarella and red onion, then. TIPS FOR MAKING THIS BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA: I'm using MY HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH here but when I don't have a lot of time or energy to make dough from scratch, I just go with the refrigerated pizza dough.; Also, I'm using the prepackaged grilled chicken breasts here as well as the fully cooked bacon to cut down on the number of dirty dishes. You can cook BB's BBQ Chicken Pizza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BB's BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Prepare 1 of packaged pizza crust mix.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
- It’s 1 of precooked bacon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pineapple tidbits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thick bbq sauce ( I use kraft thick and spicy).
This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness. Spread barbecue sauce over dough; top with chicken, cooked onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder; top with mozzarella cheese.
BB's BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- preheat oven to 425.
- mix pizza crust according to package directions.
- dice onion and chicken and cook until onions are soft and chicken is done.
- spread crust on oiled pizza pan and cover evenly with bbq sauce.
- top with cheddar, feta, pineapple, and chopped bacon.
- bake according to pizza crust directions, usually around 10 min.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed, and. Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan).