Blue Cheese & Zucchini Turkey Burger Sliders. Blue cheese or bleu cheese is cheese made with cultures of the mold Penicillium, giving it spots or veins of the mold throughout the cheese, which can vary in color through various shades of blue and green. This carries a distinct smell, either from that or various specially cultivated bacteria. Some blue cheeses are injected with spores before the curds form, and others have spores mixed in.
Blue cheese is folded into a roasted garlic and sour cream dressing in this quick and easy recipe for a creamy homemade salad dressing. By gailana; Blue Cheese Horseradish Dressing. A richly flavored blue cheese dressing gets a hint of zip from horseradish and a dash or two of hot sauce. You can have Blue Cheese & Zucchini Turkey Burger Sliders using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blue Cheese & Zucchini Turkey Burger Sliders
- You need of For the Turkey Sliders.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded zucchini.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs ( I used chipotle flavored crumbs).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Good quality crumbled blue cheese.
- It’s 2 of Green onions.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Smoked chipotle powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Smoked ground cumin.
- You need of Other Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 packages of White or wheat slider bread buns.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- It’s 1 of Spinach or lettuce of your choice.
- You need 1 of Mustard.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 of Cheese slices of your choice if desired.
- It’s 1 of Sliced tomatoes (I like mine salted and peppered, yum!).
- You need 1 of Sliced purple onions.
- Prepare 1 of Sliced pickles.
Blue cheese is a generic term used to describe cheese produced with pasteurized cow's, sheep's, or goat's milk and ripened with cultures of the mold penicillium. Blue cheese generally has a salty, sharp flavor and a pungent aroma. I tasted this tangy blue cheese dressing for the first time at a friend's house. She gave me the recipe, and now I make it every week.
Blue Cheese & Zucchini Turkey Burger Sliders step by step
- Mix all ingredients for the turkey sliders in a large bowl. I like to get in there and mix it up with my clean hands to make sure all of the ingredients get well incorporated. (Ladies this would be a good time to take the rings off lol).
- Roll enough of the mixture to form a little bit larger than a golf ball sized "meatball". Flatten out the burger by patting it slightly to form the burger patty. I always make a small indention in the middle of the burger so the burger doesn't puff up and it retains most of its juices..
- Spray a medium sized skillet with non stick cooking spray. Cook the burgers for about 5-6 minutes on each side over medium heat..
- Set patties on a plate lined with paper towels as they cook. When done cooking top with your favorite toppings to suit your tastebuds. Enjoy!.
- Makes about 10 slider patties..
I always keep some in my refrigerator. This homemade recipe tastes much better than bottled blue cheese dressing and it's a snap to make. —Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York Blue cheese is the general name for cheese that has had the Penicillium cultures added to it. This produces flecks or veins of blue mold through the cheese. 'Branded' blue cheeses include Stilton, Gorgonzola and Roquefort. Blue Cheese is an indica cross created by crossing a Blueberry male with an original U. The sweet and savory smells of berry and blue cheese combine to.