Breakfast Chorizo and Egg Pizza. This Chorizo Breakfast Pizza is a yummy and savory dish for your next brunch. Buttery crescent dough is baked with chorizo sausage, eggs, and cheese, then sprinkled with all of your favorite taco-style toppings! It's perfect for a crowd, or as breakfast-for-dinner, too!
Today was the day before my grocery store haul, so for breakfast I had to be creative and uses what was leftover in my kitchen. So I made Chorizo and Egg Pizza! Hold on Michael, this is going to be a bumpy ride! You can have Breakfast Chorizo and Egg Pizza using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Chorizo and Egg Pizza
- It’s 1 of extra large flour tortilla.
- It’s 3 of white mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 8 oz of chorizo.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow onions, sliced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresco cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato, thinly sliced.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime.
- You need 1 of cilantro, fresh or dry.
I picked up some chorizo, cheese, and salsa at the Mexican market and headed home to make my pizza. Impossibly Easy Mexican Chorizo Breakfast Bake (With Make-Ahead Directions) Chorizo Breakfast Enchiladas. Chorizo and eggs are a fantastic combination and work perfectly for this easy breakfast skillet. Chorizo is a flavorful, spice-packed pork sausage.
Breakfast Chorizo and Egg Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Place tortilla on baking sheet and spread 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil on both sides. I used La Banderita four tortillas..
- In a medium skillet on medium high heat add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 of the chorizo..
- Cook chorizo for 2 minutes, then evenly spread it on the tortilla..
- In the same skillet add 1 teaspoon olive oil with sliced mushrooms, and cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat..
- Layered cooked mushrooms on tortilla..
- Using the same skillet add 1/2 tablespoon butter, and on medium low heat scramble egg..
- Scramble egg until it become solid but still wet looking. Layer scramble egg evenly across tortilla..
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly across tortilla..
- In the same skillet saute onions with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil for 1 minute, then layer on tortilla..
- Sprinkle crumbled fresco cheese evenly across tortilla..
- Top pizza with tomatoes, then place in oven, and bake for 10 minutes..
- After pizza has been cooking for 10 minutes. Turn the oven on broil and broil for 1 minute..
- Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle cilantro, and squeeze lemon juice over pizza and serve!.
It comes in two forms: fresh sausage and cured sausage. For this breakfast skillet, use fresh chorizo. A yummy breakfast burrito of cooked, crumbled chorizo sausage with onions and scrambled eggs mixed throughout. Serve on warm flour tortillas with a generous helping of shredded Cheddar cheese for the perfect hangover cure! Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, chop the chorizo, dice up the cooked potato and pick and finely chop the parsley.