Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Pizza. Sprinkle yeast and brown sugar over warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Work the dough up the sides and make a crust. Press dough into pan; build up edges slightly.
After the frozen dinner rolls rise, I flatten them using the bottom of a cup. Cast Iron Skillet Deep Dish Pizza. This is a deep and hearty and meaty pizza. You can cook Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Pizza using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- You need 1 of Pre made Pizza Dough from local grocery store.
- Prepare 1/2 of Sliced Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Diced Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Diced Fresh Tomato.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Elephant Garlic thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of Pepperoni Slices.
- Prepare 1 of Diced Salami Slices.
- It’s 1 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Spinach.
- It’s 1/2 of Jar of Pizza Sauce.
- You need 4 cup of Shredded Mozarella Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Oregano.
- It’s 1 of Basil.
- You need 1 of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 of Flour.
Use the homemade pizza sauce recipe included or feel free to use a store-bought pizza sauce. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. How to Make Deep Dish Pizza. Once you get past the complicated part of a deep dish pizza, namely the crust, it's quite simple.
Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Pizza instructions
- Pre heat oven to 500°..
- Lightly flour flat surface and roll out pizza dough..
- Place enough vegetable oil in skillet to coat entire surface..
- Add rolled out dough to skillet, and position so dough goes up the side of the skillet..
- Cover all of dough with pizza sauce, even up the sides of the dough..
- Add enough shredded mozzarella cheese to cover bottom of dough..
- Layer in your ingredients in the pan. I placed salami, then pepperoni, then spinach, shredded mozzarella cheese, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, mozzarella balls, shredded mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, tomato, and sprinkle on oregano and basil..
- Place in the oven for 18 minutes..
- Once time is up, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Either cut in pan, or remove and slice. Then Enjoy!.
You get a round pan or cast iron, and rub it with olive oil. Sprinkle the pan with a mixture of cornmeal, flour and sugar. "This keeps the pizza from sticking on the bottom and it gives it great flavor," Rach explains. Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pizza, a fast and easy deep dish Pizza Recipe. A simple tomato sauce topped with skillet fried Mushrooms and Pancetta and lots of melty cheese! Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pizza changed the way I make pizza.