Direct From a Former Steak Chef: The Golden Ratio for Hamburger Steak. Great recipe for Direct From a Former Steak Chef: The Golden Ratio for Hamburger Steak. I'm not at all ashamed of this, as a former professional chef! I've invested a lot of money in this.
Combine the ingredients in a bowl. I recommend using both coarse grind and regular grind black pepper together. Great recipe for A Hamburger Chef Teaches You How to Pan-Fry Hamburgers. You can cook Direct From a Former Steak Chef: The Golden Ratio for Hamburger Steak using 14 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Direct From a Former Steak Chef: The Golden Ratio for Hamburger Steak
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 100 ml of ○Panko (fresh if possible).
- You need 100 ml of ○Soy milk or milk.
- It’s 1 of ○Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of ○Krazy Salt or regular salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of ○Coarsely ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of ○Pepper (the regular finely ground type).
- It’s 1 dash of if you have it ○Nutmeg.
- It’s 300 grams of Mixed ground meat (beef and pork).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil for pan frying.
- You need 200 ml of △Red wine (+ water if needed).
- It’s 50 ml of △Japanese Worcestershire-style "chuunou" sauce.
- It’s 30 ml of △Ketchup.
I always cook them this way! If you can't flambé the sake, add sake or water in the space between the lid and the pan! When you're cooking hamburger patties you've been keeping in the fridge, please leave them at room. When chicken is golden brown, take out.
Direct From a Former Steak Chef: The Golden Ratio for Hamburger Steak instructions
- Chop the garlic and onion finely, and sauté them lightly in a frying pan. (Don't add oil to the pan.) You can microwave them instead if you like..
- Combine the ○ ingredients in a bowl. I recommend using both coarse grind and regular grind black pepper together. If you use regular salt rather than seasoned salt, use a bit less than indicated..
- When the onion and garlic from Step 1 has cooled down, combine with the Step 2 mixture..
- Add the ground meat…(choose ground meat that's pink instead of red. Although you don't need to get too hung up on this.).
- Mix and knead well! Do this by hand, ok? It's loose but don't worry! Rest the mixtured for several hours in the refrigerator. The paté will stiffen up..
- Take it out of the refrigerator – wow! It's become a lot stiffer! Form into patties, and let's cook them in a frying pan! Brown them on both sides over high-medium heat, then cook on both sides over low heat..
- You may want to refer to "A Hamburger Chef Teaches You How to Pan Fry Hamburgers" -. This time we are going to braise the hamburgers though so they aren't pan-fried to the end! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145488-a-hamburger-chef-teaches-you-how-to-pan-fry-hamburgers.
- You're worried if the hamburgers are cooked through right? I can tell by touching them, but there's another method. Wipe the fat out of the pan with paper towels here. You don't have to do it though!.
- So here's that alternate method to cook the hamburgers through for beginners! We'll just steam-cook them! Add the △ ingredients and let's steam-cook! You can add some parboiled vegetables here too!.
- When the liquid in the frying pan comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low, cover the pan with a lid and simmer..
- After about 5 minutes, remove the lid. Shake the pan and reduce the sauce! Spoon the sauce over the hamburgers as you do this….
- When the sauce has thickened it's good. It will become this shiny! If you poke one of the hamburgers with a toothpick to check if it's cooked through, the juices will come bursting out! So don't poke!.
- I used some grilled vegetables as garnish. Warm the serving plates in advance of course! Do this in the microwave, or on top of a pot of boiling water or something!.
- Glazed carrots to serve on the side are a must, right? See my recipe for easy glazed carrots -! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145469-former-steak-chefs-recipe-easy-glazed-carrots.
- Serve on a plate….
- ..and spoon on some sauce! (If the red wine is sour, the sauce will be sour too. Please add sugar to adjust if needed.).
- Draw a picture on your hamburgers with coffee cream! Voila! Enjoy! The juices will come flooding out!.
- When you cut the hamburgers, try pressing down on them! The juices will come flooding out!!.
- For tofu hamburgers without anything extra in them, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156703-tofu-hamburgers-this-recipe-comes-directly-from-a-former-chef.
- How about some garlic rice or buttered rice to go with your hamburgers?. Mix the meat juices with the rice! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145486-garlic-rice.
- If you cook the hamburgers en papillote (wrapped in parchment paper), they will be even juicier. See my recipe for tofu hamburgers -..
- You can just serve the hamburgers simply with grated daikon radish and soy sauce instead of making a sauce!.
When Margarine/Butter is melted, add Texas Pete Hot Sauce until pot is halfway full. Put the chicken in the pot and mix until all chicken wings are covered with sauce. A Former Chef's Golden Ratio for Hamburger Steak. Glazed carrots are the perfect accompaniment! See A Former Chef's Easy Glazed Carrots..