Easy Homemade Pizza Dough & Bread. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with more flour. Form the dough into a rectangle, and cut it into four equal parts. Shape each piece into a ball, stretching and tucking the dough to create a smooth surface, adding more flour if needed. You can cook Easy Homemade Pizza Dough & Bread using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Homemade Pizza Dough & Bread
- Prepare 200 grams of Bread flour (cake flour).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter or vegetable oil (optional).
- You need 140 ml of Milk (water).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
Few things in the kitchen are more satisfying than mastering homemade pizza dough. And if you ask me, few foods are more comforting that a hot, cheesy slice-o-pie. How to make thick crust pizza: If you prefer thick crust pizza, you have a couple of options — do one or both for a thicker crust! Cover, rest, then shape and add toppings.
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough & Bread step by step
- Whisk the dry ingredients and salt in a bowl, and set aside. Microwave the milk, sugar, and butter in a separate bowl for 30 – 40 seconds at 500 W. Mix in the yeast and let it soak..
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix with a spatula in a cutting motion..
- When the dough comes together, cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 30 seconds at 200 W or at a low defrosting setting. Leave it in a warm place for about 15 minutes..
- Flour the pizza dough, divide into your desired sizes, roll out with a rolling pin, and the dough is ready..
- Top with your favourite toppings and bake in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes at 200℃. If you roll out the dough thin and preheat a baking sheet with the oven at 230℃, and then bake, it will make the crust crispy..
- When you are making pizza bread, flour the dough, and gently press the air out by hand. Divide into your desired sizes and roll out into circles with the rolling pin. I divided into 4 portions and each one was 100 g..
- When you bake them, they will plump up and the toppings might fall off, so pierce the dough with a fork..
- Spread on ketchup or sauce, and put on the toppings. Microwave for 30 seconds at 200 W..
- Cover with a tightly wrung out kitchen towel, and let them rise for about 15 minutes with the bread-rising function in the oven. Alternatively, cover with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place at 35 ~ 40℃..
- Preheat the oven for 180℃. Bake for 14 ~ 20 minutes. When the bottom is lightly baked as well, it's done..
Place the dough onto the prepared pizza pan. Making pizza dough from scratch is no doubt a labor of love—but that doesn't mean it can't be fast and easy too. Warm water: There are no eggs or milk in pizza dough, just water!; Yeast: I tested both instant (rapid rise) and active dry yeast here. Instant yeast gave the best results, but active dry yeast does a decent job if that's all you have (it just may need a little more time to rise). This easy pizza dough recipe is great for beginners and produces a soft homemade pizza crust.