Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger. These baked Quinoa Veggie Black Bean Burgers are vegan & gluten-free, filled with plant protein, and perfect for meal prep! Quinoa veggie black bean burgers got a facelift! If you've been a long time Emilie Eats reader, you know these burgers.
Ingredients for making black bean quinoa burger patties: black beans – a super healthy option to use in a vegan burger patty. It does not have to be fresh. Add black beans to the bowl and using a potato masher or fork, mash together until a pasty mixture forms. You can have Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Quinoa.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Oat Flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Cooked Black Beans.
- Prepare 1 of Small Onion Finely Chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Bell Pepper Finely Chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Steamed Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeno Pepper finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 of Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 tbs of Ground Flax Mixed with 3 Tbs water.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
In the meantime, make the flax egg by adding ground flaxseeds and water into a small bowl. Black Beans – You'll mash these beans to give the burgers a soft texture and savory flavor. Cooked Quinoa – Quinoa comes in a variety of colors. I used red quinoa for the burgers show in these photos and love the darker look of the burger patties.
Egg free Quinoa Black bean Burger instructions
- Measure Quinoa and cook them as per direction. Let it cool completely. Simultaneously, Mix the Ground flax with water in a bowl, and keep it aside..
- Now, if you do not have oat flour, you can make it at home. Grind Quick oats in a grinder and measure the desired quantity..
- Now, in a nonstick pan heat 1 Tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add finely chopped onions. In a minute or two add bell pepper, Jalapeno peppers. Cook until onions are translucent. Once everything cooked turn the heat off..
- Now, in a big mixing bowl add quinoa, onion mixture that prepare earlier, Flax eggs, mashed potatoes and all the spices. Mix everything well..
- If the mixture is not firm in texture and difficult to make a patty, then add bread crumbs. It will help to bind the mixture..
- Now, form burger patties depending on desired size and shape. Keep them in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes..
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease the baking sheet..
- After 30 minutes, place all the patties on greased baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes. Flip and again bake them for 20-30 more minutes or until it browned..
- Serve them on Hamburger bun or Kaiser roll with your favorite dressings or toppings. These patties can be stored in airtight container or in Ziploc bags for a week in refrigerator..
Any type of quinoa works great here. Well, say hello to my new favourite summer burger! These Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are completely vegan, (no egg needed) and gluten-free! They're also mega healthy and loaded with protein. Black beans are a super healthy option to use in a veggie burger.