Feta cheese Burger with Roasted figs. Top each of the patties with cheese with one of the patties without; press the edges together to seal the cheese into the center. For this recipe I used fresh figs with a bit of feta cheese and mint. The combination is a classic sweet and salty taste and can be served as an appetizer or even as a side dish.
Sliced fresh figs are tossed in olive oil and the feta cheese is drizzled with honey. The whole thing is baked until runny and melted and gooey and impossible to not scrape up every last bite. Spreadably soft, with a tangy, salty, rich flavor, baked feta is easy to make and almost impossible to resist. You can cook Feta cheese Burger with Roasted figs using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Feta cheese Burger with Roasted figs
- Prepare 2 of soft buns.
- You need 3 tbsp. of feta cheese, diced (or you could use goat cheese).
- It’s 2 of figs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 1 of whole onion, chopped.
- You need 150 g of ground beef.
- You need of fresh chives, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of some Arugula salad.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
Adding a sweet compote of dried figs simmered with honey and fresh thyme rounds out the flavors and turns a humble starter into a knock-out appetizer that is pretty enough for any party. I tried to doctor this sauce of no flavor with some garlic. I should have made my own tzatziki sauce which is far better. Ever since Cooking Light became Eating Well I have been totally disappointed.
Feta cheese Burger with Roasted figs instructions
- Cook the onions, with some olive oil and a pinch of salt, first at high heat for 4 min until golden, then cover it at low heat and stir from time to time. Set about 15 min..
- Meanwhile, slice figs, set them in an oven-friendly dish and pour the honey all over them. Cook for 5 min. at 160°C. Leave in the oven..
- Mix in a bowl the ground beef with salt, pepper, one egg yolk and a few chives. Shape two patties, set aside..
- In a pan at high heat (without any fat) throw the pine nuts until goldened/brownished –about 7 min, stiring regularly. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, in a very hot skillet, sear the beef patties (2-3 min each side)..
- At the same time, grill the buns. As soon as the beef is done, display a bun, a layer of caramelized onions, the beef patty, a layer of roasted figs, 1 tbsp. feta cheese, diced, a few leaves of Aragula Salad, top with pine nuts and finally the top bun..
Cooking Light had so many great recipes which I still make. I am not attracted to most recipes in Eating Well. Grilled Figs Topped with Feta Cheese. Grilling carmelizes the sugars and gives the figs a smoky taste. Use as a garnish, condiment to pork or chicken.