Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers. Great recipe for Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers. I only had pork, and I didn't want to make hamburgers, so I added tofu. If you heat the frying pan well and add water to it, the patties will cook through evenly.
The cooks at Diner, in Brooklyn, change up burger toppings according to the season: lettuce and pickled onions in. Add garlic, hot bean. and sprinkle with peppercorn powder. Add garlic, hot bean. and sprinkle with peppercorn powder. You can have Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers
- It’s 200 grams of Ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 150 grams of Tofu.
- Prepare 150 grams of Panko.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆Mirin.
- It’s 1 of tablespoon, or 2 tablespoons if you prefer a sweeter flavor ☆Sugar.
- It’s 1 of ★Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
Pre-mixed ground beef and pork are always sold at the markets. This is just the Japanese tendency. You can use either one for this tofu burger depending on your liking. Tofu has a lot of moisture.
Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers step by step
- Sauté half the onion (chopped) until translucent, and let cool..
- Grate the other half of the onion, and combine with the ☆ ingredients..
- Add the ★ ingredients to the ground pork and knead together to combine well. Mash the tofu up in another bowl using a whisk. Add the panko and ground pork mixture to the tofu, and form into patties as with regular hamburgers..
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a frying pan over high heat until the oil is smoking. Turn the heat off, put in the hamburger patties and turn the heat back on, set to medium. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid..
- In about 3 minutes when the bottoms of the patties are browned, flip them over..
- When both sides are browned, add the Step 2 grated onion mixture. Coat the patties with this sauce, and they're done..
Wrap the tofu with a kitchen towel. Put a flat plate or a cutting board on the tofu and leave it. In this Sichuan classic, tofu and ground pork or beef are braised in a fiery red chile sauce. Get the recipe for Mapo Tofu Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something. Japanese chicken tofu steak, chicken burger made from tofu, ground chicken, and shiitake mushroom with a Tofu Hambagu is made from the ground chicken and tofu to make the patties.