Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce. Combine all patty mix ingredients in a bowl. Do not over work the mix. Serve burgers on toasted rolls topped with the yogurt sauce, lettuce and tomato and cucumber slices.
But I like a little somethin' somethin' on my burger! Greek turkey burgers are really, really good and full of flavor. In medium bowl, mix all burger ingredients except buns. You can cook Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce
- Prepare of Patty Mix.
- It’s 1 lb of ground lamb *or lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked spinach, squeezed dry and chilled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano, dill, and parsley.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne.
- You need of Yogurt Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped dill.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped mint.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Serve With.
- It’s of Toasted ciabatta buns, sliced tomato, cucumber, and red onion.
- It’s of Or- on a wilted spinach salad with diced tomato, cucumber.
Place patties on grill over medium heat. For the yogurt sauce: Combine the yogurt with the lime juice, curry powder, white pepper, salt, mint, cilantro, mint and parsley. Cook the burgers until light pink in the center. We made with beef because we couldn't find ground lamb at the store.
Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce instructions
- Combine all patty mix ingredients in a bowl. Do not over work the mix..
- Form four patties and refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on a medium high heat skillet, cook burgers 3-5 minutes per side to desired doneness. *if using bison DO NOT cook beyond medium or it will be dry!.
- Served drizzled with yogurt sauce.
I bought Greek yogurt specifically for the sauce and I'm glad I did. The thickness really held things together. I added some fresh arugula to the pita for some extra green. Grilled Turkey Burger With Greek Yogurt Topping is perfect, easy and super HEALTHY meal for the entire family. Tender juicy meat hugged with seasonal veggies in whole grain bun, topped with amazing light and delicious yogurt sauce makes this burger extra special and extra tasty – perfect for BBQ and backyard parties.