Gyro Burgers. Recipe by: Chef Kenneth "This is a Greek/American lamb and beef mixture version of the traditional Greek pork or lamb Gyros (or Gyro). Serve on warm pita bread with tzatziki sauce, and thinly sliced onion, tomato and lettuce." This is not your ordinary hamburger! If you like hamburgers and you love Gyro sandwiches, then you may enjoy this combination of those two ideas.
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the hot coals evenly over the bottom. Up your grilling game this summer with a burger that's sure to impress—i.e. a Gyro Burger. You can have Gyro Burgers using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gyro Burgers
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground lamb.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground chuck.
- It’s 10 of flat buns or pita pockets.
- Prepare 10 oz of tzatziki sauce ( more or less depends on how much u put on it).
- It’s 1 large of tomato ( thin sliced).
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion (thin sliced).
- Prepare of seasoning for meat:.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried mint.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of dried tyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
Inspired by the classic Greek sandwich, we've upgraded ground beef with bold seasoning and a new home inside of a pita pocket, rather than typical sesame bun, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, and generous drizzle of toasty tahini sauce. Before assembling, wrap your pita rounds in a. The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger) is a juicy tasty burger recipe that tastes just like a gyro! An easy to make unique burger with all the Greek flavors you love!
Gyro Burgers step by step
- In a large bowl mix meats and all seasonings well with hands. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour..
- Heat grill, skillet or griddle..
- Make 10 nice big round patties. Like u normally would for burgers..
- (This is where I freeze any I won't need to make this evening) I also place a small hole in center of patty to help with puffing and shrinkage. About a small pinky size hole.).
- Cook burgers like u normally would. Leaving a tad pink in center but at a safe temp..
- Set burgers on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess grease (if u want to ).
- Warm pitas or flat buns for a few second in microwave..
- Assemble burgers by spreading some tzatziki sauce on each half of flatbuns..
- Place burger on one side..
- Place tomato and onion on top..
- Place other bun sauce side down..
- Serve hot and enjoy! :).
- Makes about 10 burgers depending on the size u make them..
- U can add other condiments on your burger, its also good with ketchup and pickles. :).
- Thanks given to bbqtvtv.com for his greek rub I used for this, also for taylor68too for her addition to the seasonings I used. And to skunkmonkey for the tzatziki sauce recipe I used for this. :).
This grilled lamb burger is sugar-free, gluten free, low carb, and keto too! If you're looking for a way to change up burger night, serve these gyro burgers in a pita round. The Tahini sauce is so simple to make and combined with feta cheese creates the perfect Mediterranean-inspired meal. My family has been experimenting with traditional gyro recipes lately, and I just had to make an easy weeknight version. We ordered a burger, a lamb gyro, and a side of falafel.