Homemade Pizza Dough. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients.
Quick and easy pizza dough, no kneading required. See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. I use the bread hook in my Kitchen Aide mixer to mix & knead this dough. You can have Homemade Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza Dough
- You need 1 cup of warm water (about 110°F).
- It’s 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp.) of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil + additional for drizzling.
- It’s 3 cups of bread flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need of all purpose flour, for dusting the work surface.
- Prepare of cornmeal, for dusting the pizza tray.
If you would rather make individual pizza pies, portion the dough into as many round balls as you want pies. Pizza dough is the foundation and every great pizza begins with a great pizza crust. Some like thin and crisp pizza crust, while others prefer thick and soft pizza crust. This homemade pizza crust has it all: soft & chewy with a delicious crisp and AWESOME flavor.
Homemade Pizza Dough step by step
- Place the yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Pour the water over them and whisk to combine. Make sure the water is between 100°-110°F. Let that sit for 2-10 minutes to activate the yeast. You'll know it's ready when it gets a bit bubbly and foamy on top..
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the 2 tbsp. of olive oil and half the bread flour. Once that incorporates a bit, add in the salt and remaining bread flour. Stir until you get it as combined as you can, in a loose ball, then lightly flour your hands and knead the dough together in the bowl a bit..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface (I just use my countertop). Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle more flour onto the work surface and your hands as needed, if the dough begins to stick. To see if you've kneaded enough, you can press two fingers gently into the dough. If the indentations stay after you move your fingers, then it's been kneaded enough and is ready for the next step..
- Drizzle some olive oil into the bottom of a separate large bowl. Place the dough ball in and roll it around to evenly coat all the sides in the oil. Loosely cover the top of the dough with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 – 1 1/2 hours. It should be double in size once it's ready..
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a 16" pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust it lightly with cornmeal. Set aside..
- The dough should have risen. Punch it gently to release some air, then turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Lightly dust a rolling pin with flour and gently roll out each side, keeping it in a nice rounded shape..
- Once it looks Iike the right size for your pizza pan, carefully transfer it onto your prepared pan. I do this by folding half of the dough over itself, then sliding the pizza tray under that half. Once it's on, gently unfold the dough and use your fingers to gently stretch it to fill the pan..
- Use a fork and poke some holes all across the dough. This should prevent any bubbles from forming..
- Top with your desired toppings, leaving an inch or so of space around the edges for the crust..
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, until the cheese and crust are nice and golden. Be sure to keep an eye on it towards the end..
- Allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve!.
This Homemade Traditional Italian Pizza Dough Recipe, is the only Pizza Recipe you will ever need. Make it by hand or in your stand up mixer. This Pizza Dough can be made the same day or left to rise overnight in the fridge. A few tips on making the best homemade pizza: Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success.