Indian style potato burger. Indian style Vegetarian Burger flavored with garam masala, cumin, ginger and cilantro! This spiced & flavorful burger is perfect for your summer BBQ and grilling menu. Topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and a spicy burger sauce, this burger is an explosion of flavors!
This is a derived snack food that combines Indian tradition with new western fast food craze. This Indian veggie burger with potato patties recipe uses soft bun, which is shallow fried in a butter and homemade aloo tikkis for complete burger experience preferred by Indian palate In order to grill these burgers, pre-cook them fully on a non-stick pan as mentioned above. Freeze them, throw them on the grill at your BBQ. You can have Indian style potato burger using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian style potato burger
- It’s of for the potato patty.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of corriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of dried mango powder.
- It’s of for the whole bun.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of tomato, sliced.
- It’s 3 piece of lettuce.
- Prepare of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of butter, for spreading.
- It’s of tomato ketchup.
For the burger assembly; Pour oil on a nonstick pan. Roast both sides of bun till they get a golden sheen. Spread cilantro chutney inside the bun. Aloo tikki burger – a fusion snack recipe that combines Indian traditional chaat and western fast food.
Indian style potato burger step by step
- Boil and Mash the two potatoes, then add all the spices..
- After mixing, turn them into the (circular) shape of Patty..
- In a pan add 2-3 tsp oil and place the potato patties .. Till they at golden and crispy..
- Then apply butter, mayonnaise, or tomato ketchup as per your choice ..
- Place the patty inside the bun and enjoy hot!!!!!.
Tikki is made from boiled potatoes and green peas with some Indian spices and lemon juice. If you want you can add shreeded carrot or boiled and mashed green beans, corn or other veggies of your choice. Vada Pav – Indian Potato Burgers. This delicious mixed vegetables and potato patties (aloo tikki) are then sandwiched in a soft bun. The spicy & crispy Indian patty along with a delicious tangy dressing makes this veggie burger a treat to the taste buds.